NORTH COUNTRY BOOT FITTER RECOMMENDATION

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

NORTH COUNTRY BOOT FITTER RECOMMENDATION

OSGSkier
I am looking for a good bootfitter in the Lake Placid/ North Country area. I've lost another toenail using my current boots and need to find a good fitter so I can get properly set up. Just as important as a recommendation would be a warning about a shop to avoid.
Thanks
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: NORTH COUNTRY BOOT FITTER RECOMMENDATION

Harvey
Administrator
My only experience with a ski boot fitter was with Steiner's Sports in the capital district.

It was a good one:

http://www.nyskiblog.com/2009/10/steiners-sports.html

I realize that may be too far south for you.  I hit it on my way past from the flatlands.  

Boots were for my wife. Best money I ever spent.

"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
frk
Reply | Threaded
|

frk
This post was updated on .
i highly recommend High Adventure Ski and Bike Shop in Latham ny. after purchasing Intuition liners for my langes, they probably performed 10+ adjustments before my boney feet were satisfied. and more importantly, they provided these services with a smile and genuine enthusiasm. i've had other ski shops give me dirty looks after one adjustment and others try to charge for every adjustment even after promising a perfect fit.  they carry a good selection of boots. also, fyi, they carry a great back/slack country selection of equipment.
Reply | Threaded
|

Face4Me
This post was updated on .
In reply to this post by OSGSkier
Robin, at Maui North in Lake Placid did a good job for me. He was very attentive and I've brought the boots back a couple of times for some "tweaks", and he was very willing and responsive about making the post-purchase adjustments.
It's easy to be against something ... It's hard to be for something!
Reply | Threaded
|

OSGSkier
In reply to this post by OSGSkier
Thanks for the input. I ended up going to Cunningham's Ski Barn in Lake Placid. Mike Duddan did the fitting and I was happy with their expertise and recommendations. My new boots fit great, provide great control and my feet don't hurt. He measured my feet carefully, had me try on several pair and observed my stance and adjusted the fit to get me properly aligned over the boots. Went with Superfeet insoles and also had the shell stretched after the first day to relieve a pressure spot on the side of my foot where the metatarsal bone protrudes a bit.

I was very satisfied with the whole process and will not hesitate to go back