NY Ski Forum Get Together @ WF on January 4?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
39 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

NY Ski Forum Get Together @ WF on January 4?

WNY-ADK Skier
As some of you know, I've been floating around the idea of holding several NY Ski Forum get-togethers. One for WNY, one for CNY, one for ADK's, one for Cats, etc.

How about we start off with a get-together in Whiteface on the first Saturday of the New Year (January 4)? We can ski all day and then have some libations to celebrate life, skiing and how the internet connects us all.

Who's in??
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: NY Ski Forum Get Together @ WF on January 4?

Snowballs
Banned User
I won't be able to attend but have a great time. Nice thing of you to do WNY.
Reply | Threaded
|

WNY-ADK Skier
Come on, guys!! No takers on the WF get-together?? Would be cool to ski and drink together. Anyone? Harv?
Reply | Threaded
|

Highpeaksdrifter
This post was updated on .
WNY-ADK Skier wrote
Come on, guys!! No takers on the WF get-together?? Would be cool to ski and drink together. Anyone? Harv?
Hey WNY-ADK...I'll be there on the 4th and would be happy to take some runs with you and have a drink later and anyone else who wants to join us. Hit me with a PM when we get closer to the 4th. It would be great to see some WF first timers there so you can see what we have to offer.
There's truth that lives
And truth that dies
I don't know which
So never mind - Leonard Cohen
Reply | Threaded
|

Face4Me
Highpeaksdrifter wrote
WNY-ADK Skier wrote
I'll be there on the 4th and would be happy to take some runs with you and have a drink later and anyone else who wants to join us.
+1
It's easy to be against something ... It's hard to be for something!
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
In reply to this post by WNY-ADK Skier
This is something I likely can't make.  We'll be in North Creek skiing from 12/26 through Jan 1, and our daughter has school Jan 2 and 3.

HPD gives a good tour for sure.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by Highpeaksdrifter
Highpeaksdrifter wrote
WNY-ADK Skier wrote
Hey WNY-ADK...I'll be there on the 4th and would be happy to take some runs with you and have a drink later and anyone else who wants to join us. Hit me with a PM when we get closer to the 4th. It would be great to see some WF first timers there so you can see what we have to offer.
Take him  up on this WNY-ADK, HPD is one of the good guys.

Noah has already said he'll be glad to host the entire party so enjoy.
Reply | Threaded
|

WNY-ADK Skier
In reply to this post by Highpeaksdrifter
Highpeaksdrifter wrote
WNY-ADK Skier wrote
Fantastic. Let's do it, then. Would love to get the tour.
Reply | Threaded
|

WNY-ADK Skier
In reply to this post by Face4Me
Face4Me wrote
Highpeaksdrifter wrote
WNY-ADK Skier wrote
I'll be there on the 4th and would be happy to take some runs with you and have a drink later and anyone else who wants to join us.
+1
Cool! And now we are 3. Who else?
Reply | Threaded
|

WNY-ADK Skier
In reply to this post by campgottagopee
campgottagopee wrote
Highpeaksdrifter wrote
WNY-ADK Skier wrote
Take him  up on this WNY-ADK, HPD is one of the good guys.

Noah has already said he'll be glad to host the entire party so enjoy.
Already took him up on his offer. Who's Noah?

Oh...and I apologize for the three separate posts. Couldn't figure out how to include the three quotes from different people in one post.
Reply | Threaded
|

Snowballs
Banned User
You no knowa Noah ?

Reply | Threaded
|

WNY-ADK Skier
Snowballs wrote
You no knowa Noah ?
No. But it looks like I should. Is Noah really hosting the get-together on January 4 or are you guys committing him to doing something he hasn't agreed to do?

Where's Noah??? Can the real Noah please stand up???
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
WNY-ADK Skier wrote
Snowballs wrote
You no knowa Noah ?
No. But it looks like I should. Is Noah really hosting the get-together on January 4 or are you guys committing him to doing something he hasn't agreed to do?

Where's Noah??? Can the real Noah please stand up???

He said he would in another thread...Noah is a man of his word so I know he will, right Noah?!?!?
Reply | Threaded
|

Noah John
I did say I'd host but that was sort of.....not very serious.  But if I'm around and our paths cross, I'll buy you a beer.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Noah John wrote
I did say I'd host but that was sort of.....not very serious.  But if I'm around and our paths cross, I'll buy you a beer.
Reply | Threaded
|

WNY-ADK Skier
In reply to this post by Noah John
Noah John wrote
looking forward to meeting you. And that beer.

SO, will our paths cross on the January 4th get together, even if you're not hosting?
Reply | Threaded
|

Noah John
What "January 4th get together"?  So far it sounds like you're skiing at Whiteface that day and you may hook up with HPD.  I hope you have fun.  Our paths may cross - I won't know until January 4th.
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
I know I won't be able to go, but it is a great idea.  Maybe we should have one at Hunter some day.
I've lived in New York my entire life.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
In reply to this post by Noah John
Noah John wrote
What "January 4th get together"?  So far it sounds like you're skiing at Whiteface that day and you may hook up with HPD.
Haha, seriously. You announced the "Get Together", you've done your part. As for trying to get people to show up:

Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
If this is going to happen I'll take the day off from ski school work and join in as long as NYSEF does not schedule a race for my son that day.  Sounds like fun.
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time