NYSkiBlog Meetup Days

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
9 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

NYSkiBlog Meetup Days

MC2 5678F589
With all of the buzz about Greek Peak (and the fact that I'm not sure I've ever skied there), I was thinking again about having meetup days at mountains around the state for us regular forum posters.

Even if only a couple of people showed up to a mountain, got some sort of a deal on tickets, maybe handed out a couple of NYSkiBlog stickers, and took the local's tour, I'm thinking that we could produce some quality content and get pretty good publicity for this site (which is really the only site for NY focused skiing as far as I can tell - there's skiandrideny.com, but that appears to be just a collection of press releases).

I realize everyone gets busy in winter and it's hard to coordinate these types of things in advance (and, with weather the way it is, it's probably not ideal to be tied down to specific dates, anyway), but I was just thinking how cool it'd be to ski a place like Plattekill or Greek Peak or Belleayre and have someone who knows where they're going show the good spots...
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: NYSkiBlog Meetup Days

campgottagopee
The A18 Gang will gladly show anyone around at GP ---- couldn't imagine leaving WF or Gore to ski GP, but iffin anyone is around just give a shout. We'll get it done!!! Heck, we're gonna have a new lift to show off!!! (i'll still ride chair 1--it's just how we roll)
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
I 110% want to get to Gore to get an insiders glades tour and I would be happy to take people around Whiteface
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

ml242
We should definitely do a meetup day at Plattekill this summer. Bring your loppers and sturdy shoes!
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
In reply to this post by MC2 5678F589
This season I regretted not getting to Greek Peak and Snow Ridge.

On the day I was at Platty and considering the drive to GP, Powderqueen talked me out of it.

I had a few offers to get a tour at Snow Ridge but just couldn't swing it.

If there is interest, and depending on the mountain, we might be able to do something on tickets.  Greek, maybe yes. Snow Ridge tix are so cheap I'd be ashamed to ask. Seems like they got that Plattekill kinda thing going on there. Big value.

I want to see the TR where MattChuck gives Coach the tour of Gore.  Work it!
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

tBatt
MC2, wanna meet up at Gore and I'll show you around the glades?!
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
I'm always appalled when people don't know that some glades exist (actual on the map glades), but then I realize that when I go to a new mountain, I have absolutely no idea what glades I'm in and where the good ones are...
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
A GP meet up sounds like a capitol idea !  Yo CAMPY can u get all a deal on camo commerative  GP tee shirts  to mark the occasion  and yeah lets grill up dem sppeeeeeeeedeeeees too lad !
Life ain't a dress rehearsal: Spread enthusiasm , avoid negative nuts.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
warp daddy wrote
A GP meet up sounds like a capitol idea !  Yo CAMPY can u get all a deal on camo commerative  GP tee shirts  to mark the occasion  and yeah lets grill up dem sppeeeeeeeedeeeees too lad !
Let's put it this way---you show up Warp Daddy and we will go LARGE---full on party mode (after skiing of course)---there are some A18 Gang stickers left but they aren't handed out to just anyone, they need to be earned