Need Whiteface condition report for 1/2/2011

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Need Whiteface condition report for 1/2/2011

Jon951

Was getting ready to pack my stuff for a tomorrow afternoon departure to the Face when my son called, telling my wife the mountain is reporting loose granular. With that cat out of the bag, my wife is hesitant to head up. If anyone recalls the scene from the original Excorcist movie, there was the old women blurting out to the Father, "Dimi, why you do this to me"? All I have to say to my son is, "Mike, why you do this to me"? Its bad enough I was trapped from driving down my own street last week (town not plowed for two days) to meet my three sons at the mountain after they "escaped" in front of the XMAS blizzard here in Jersey. We live 5 miles north of Asbury Park...the absolute bullseye of the storm! Anyway, please post something positive so I can difuse my son's, message and load my suby and get the heck out of here for a few days at WFM. I understand it rained a bit, and  would love to get info as to how much liquid precip hit the mountain.

Thanks and Happy New Year!
"Feets fail me not"
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Need Whiteface condition report for 1/2/2011

Snowballs
Banned User
Well, perhaps she doesn't know yet, infact it's a complete secret, but I'll let it out......Whiteface has planned a major event just for the gals.

To start the New Year out right, WF will offer  free full body massages for the women starting Monday. There will also be free facials and mani/pedi's for the gals.

After that GEORGE CLOONEY will be at Whiteface!!! Yep. George will be avaliable for the Ladies to lunch with, ski with or accompany them back to the nearest hot tub. That should peak her interest.

See if she's interested now.

If she goes for it and then these things never materilize (don't know why they wouldn't), just blame it on me..... ' Snowballs musta screwed up."

Just don't tell her where I live. I don't need no whoopin from a mob of angry women.
Reply | Threaded
|

Highpeaksdrifter
In reply to this post by Jon951
Conditions where very good for Xmas week, but Mother nature made us pay for it. After a steller, spring like day on Sat. we had a freeze sat. nite that left the mountain pretty firm. Snowmaking has restarted, but it will take a a few days to get back to where we where.

If I where you I'd hold off a little bit.
There's truth that lives
And truth that dies
I don't know which
So never mind - Leonard Cohen
Reply | Threaded
|

Jon951

HPD,

Thanks for the report. Damn, will have to wait it out a bit. I was re-tooling my plans to bug out by myself and make the trip, but I will take your advise and hold off. I am chomping at the bit to get back up there after a great day on Dec 19th. Oh well, will have to go to work and abuse myself at the gym until things shape up. I was hoping for the Sunday and Monday the week of Jan 9, but now have three meetings on Monday...crap.

It looks like the temps are going back to normal, so I'll work my magic and pray for a big dump....of snow, that is.

I am loaded to the gills with Price Chopper vouchers and a few mountain vouchers from my son's lift evac on the 29th. I know it is early in the season, but I may be starting a new job at the end of this month and will not have the luxury of just disappearing when I want for the first few months. In any event, I will work things out.

Thanks again for the info

Jon
"Feets fail me not"
Reply | Threaded
|

Highpeaksdrifter
I assisted on the evact, maybe I met him. I was in the group that started on top and worked down the line.
There's truth that lives
And truth that dies
I don't know which
So never mind - Leonard Cohen
Reply | Threaded
|

ausable skier
In reply to this post by Jon951
it was very very firm snow yesterday
A true measure of a person's intelligence is how much they agree with you.