14 messages Options
Z
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Need weather advice VT Dec 22-24

Z
This post was updated on .
I had planned to take my son over to VT next week.  I need to get one more night at a Sherton to keep my SPG Plat status for 2015.  We were planning to drive over to Smuugs Tuesday morning to ski.  Then stay in Burlington and go the American Flatbread that son loves.  Hen hut either Stowe or Sugarbush the 24th and head home.  My wife would some peace and quiet and I get to ski with my son probably for the last time until our Utah trip late in the in the season.

This forecast for the 24th looks super ugly.  Heavy rain, temps in the 40's and windy.  Should I move it up to skiing Monday and Tuesday?

Also has anyone skied those 3 areas lately?  Which are skiing the best?  Stowe is really pricey with a kids ticket going for $74 on Liftopia so leaning away from there though I do really like Stowe.
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Need weather advise VT Dec 22-24

JTG4eva!
No great advice to give, just some observations.  Interestingly, the current MountainForecast.com outlook for the high elevations of Stowe and Jay Peak isn't showing r*in for Wed.  The NOAA forecast for Jay on Wed only has a chance of snow and r*in showers for Wed, with the r*in arriving Wed night.  Tues looks good all the way around, currently.  Could you push north to Jay Peak for Wed?  As we all know (thanks PA), they don't get that much snow, but some crazy rumors have the cover and conditions being pretty good up there....
We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
With the recent warm up here at WF every thing is pretty crusty off piste.  Jay must have experienced that as well.  I love Jay but skiing it when you can't ski the woods is sub optimal.  With those conditions in think the others would be better.

I also need to make I can get home for Xmas eve dinner.  Giving my wife a break from our son and I is a nice Xmas gift not being home by dinner not so much.  I'm afraid the snow starts late afternoon making driving when the plow drivers are all off for the holiday not festive.

Wind hold on the 24th also a big concern and Jay is maybe the only eastern mt worse on windy days than WF
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
I would go to Mountain Creek.
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
Nice try PT......but it's Crick.  Mountain Crick!
We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
As of now it looks like Heavy rain to Montreal Xmas eve, followed by snow showers..
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
JasonWx wrote
As of now it looks like Heavy rain to Montreal Xmas eve, followed by snow showers..
Why is it every time you show up it starts raining? Go away - we don't need your kind here.
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Don't listen to him Jason!  We want you here!!

Back on topic I'm thinking the Crick is the ticket.  Jay Peak will have icy boilerplate while MC will be skiing springlike corn on the Sugar Slope.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
This post was updated on .
I'm leaving the country tomorrow... so there!!!!
"Peace and Love"
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
I'm going to change my plans based on Jason's concurrence.

If it does dump snow on the 24st and I miss the most epic powder day of all time you all can thank me.  Then I'll hunt Jason down.  Just kidding.
Reply | Threaded
|

NorEaster27
looks like sold rain on 24th, the earlier you can ski the better.  Looks like more rain a few days after xmas, xmas week and beyone is basically toast as of now
Reply | Threaded
|

ml242
Go Earlier and hit the bush, smuggs, or k. crowds won't be an issue pre xmas.
Reply | Threaded
|

YUKON CORNELIUS
In reply to this post by JTG4eva!
JTG4eva! wrote
Nice try PT......but it's Crick.  Mountain Crick!
More like Mountain Crap.
"This is pure snow! Do you have any idea what the street value of this mountain is?"
Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
In reply to this post by Z
bring a umbrella