Netflix Finds

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Netflix Finds

MC2 5678F589
Watching "Into The Mind" tonight. Amazing film. Lots of weird filler between the good scenes, but the skiing, snowboarding, and scenery are top notch.

Also watched "Valhalla" the other day. Cool Vibe and creative stuff. Makes me want to buy an acre and a yurt somewhere in the mountains.

Not skiing related, but I've also been watching House of Cards. Sort of the "Breaking Bad" of political shows.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Netflix Finds

YUKON CORNELIUS
Check out "All.I.Can." on Netflix streaming. I think it's by Sherpas. This is one of the better straight up ski films I've seen on there (although I've only watched the first half). They aren't afraid to throw a bunch of great skiers on the hill all in one shot, which is kind of cool.

"Valhalla" was kind of whacked out, but I still liked it.
"This is pure snow! Do you have any idea what the street value of this mountain is?"
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
I liked All.I.Can, but the environmentalist message was a little too heavy handed (and that's coming from someone who agrees with everything it says).
Reply | Threaded
|

YUKON CORNELIUS
In reply to this post by MC2 5678F589
"McConkey" is now available for streaming.
"This is pure snow! Do you have any idea what the street value of this mountain is?"
Reply | Threaded
|

greif
For a good feeling of what Norway is like and a few ski scenes, the Netflix comedy series  Lillyhammer is fun!
Reply | Threaded
|

YUKON CORNELIUS
In reply to this post by MC2 5678F589
I re-watched All.I.Can. (sober) and agree. The environmentalist theme was overboard. The ski segments are pretty rad though. JP Auclair's urban segment was cool (and I don't usually like rail slide type stuff) and the powder segments and cinematography were great.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
Yes. Agree.

Skiing segments, creativity, and camera work in All.I.Can were phenomenal.