New 2016 Line Sick Day Ski

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

New 2016 Line Sick Day Ski

jcamotts
     My brother and I have been saving our money for the past few months in order to purchase some 2016 gear. My brother had an eye on the 2016 Line Sick Day Shorty, an All Mountain/Powder Ski for Kids (Or very short adults). He recently ordered a order a pair from Backcountry.com (Got the last one in stock too) shortly after they were available for purchase online.
       He got the ski in 152cm. The first thing we noticed was that without bindings, the skis were very light for there 95mm waist width, almost as light as his previous ski (Nordica Ace J) which was 10cm smaller with a waist with of around 80mm. In person the ski looks much different then pictures online, the picture on the Line website, which I'm guessing is computer generated, makes it look a lot more thin then it actually is. The ski has a pretty much flat tail but still enough to be able to ride switch. The graphics look very nice especially on the base where it will definitely stand out on a ski rack outside the lodge. The 95mm waist I think is perfect for Eastern Skiing where we don't get really deep pow days often so it can shred well in a fresh 6 inches or so and still hold an edge on the hard pack. Looks like the perfect one quiver ski for teens.

Just need to wait a few months to try it out.

Pictures

The graphics look great.

The very colorful base.

Almost flat tail

Tip

The misleading computer generated version.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: New 2016 Line Sick Day Ski

nyctravis
Wow those look great, even if not a perfect match from the online pictures.  Jealous!
Reply | Threaded
|

Powderhunter
Banned User
I got a pair of the 110 underfoot 186 length sick days towards the end of the season last year.   I got to use them enough to know they are going to be my favorite ski next year.  They are the previous years graphics.  Very light ski for the size.  I'm going to use them mainly for powder days but they held an edge on the hard pack as well.
Reply | Threaded
|

jcamotts
In reply to this post by nyctravis
Yeah my brother is really happy with them, just got to order the 2015 Armada Tantrum for myself, don't no why Armada dropped them for 2016 but i'm still happy. Ill make a post on those as well once they are delivered.
Reply | Threaded
|

jcamotts
In reply to this post by Powderhunter
Nice, last years graphics look great, especially for the 110 waist width model.