This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: New Boards on the way

Sick Bird Rider
Interesting choice. I, for one, would be curious to hear about the thought process that led to this trigger-pulling. No rocker, relatively skinny, these spec of these skis reads like a rando-racer's dream. They seem more about the tour and the up, rather than the down. At least in powder. They will kill it in tight, icy/sketchy conditions, I suspect.
Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report
Reply | Threaded
|

DackerDan
CONTENTS DELETED
Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
OK. Makes complete sense now!
Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
In reply to this post by DackerDan
I have decided that a skinnier ski might be preferable for ADK slides - especially if you just ski them in the spring after the avalanche danger clears.

The approaches are so long and up/down (sometimes) a light ski might be just the ticket.

Of course Tele skis with the ability to kick and glide are my weapon of choice, but that race day Rando setup (which is basically what it is) would be okay too.
Reply | Threaded
|

DackerDan
CONTENTS DELETED
Reply | Threaded
|

DackerDan
CONTENTS DELETED
Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave
Nice!    Sure is a lot of shape to those, I bet they'll come around really quickly.   New school mountaineering at it's best.  Though with that weight,(or lack of it), they might have a tendency to get deflected in the mank, crud and crust.  Not that any of that occurs in the natural snow world.......

I can't believe I've got ski envy when I just got a new pair myself......it's a fine line between collecting a quiver and having OCD.  

TD
"there is great chaos under heaven, and the situation is excellent" Disclaimer: Telemark Dave is a Hinterlandian. He is not from New York State, and in fact, doesn't even ski there very often. He is also obsessive-compulsive about Voile Charger BC's.
Reply | Threaded
|

freeheeln
td nice new, action avatar
Tele turns are optional not mandatory.
Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave
freeheeln wrote
td nice new, action avatar
Thanks Freeheelin'.  That "sepia" toned pic and the previous one I used were both taken within my towns limits, on the backside of a hill used as a tourist lookout in the summer.  On a powder day, if you're up early enough to beat the slednecks to it, there's plenty of great lines down  the backside.  

My bro and I hit it on x-mas day about 5 years ago.  Mostly dust on crust, but it was still way better than hanging out inside..
He took a lot of pics, including that one.

Sorry for the thread drift DDan. ..

TD
"there is great chaos under heaven, and the situation is excellent" Disclaimer: Telemark Dave is a Hinterlandian. He is not from New York State, and in fact, doesn't even ski there very often. He is also obsessive-compulsive about Voile Charger BC's.