New Boots

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
9 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

New Boots

ScottyJack
After probably 8 plus seasons on my Garmonts its time for new boots.  Thinking these are it.

http://shop.tecnicausa.com/Product/0101%2012%20COCHISEBT%20PRO%20GRN/ski-boots-cochise-pro-light

I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: New Boots

skimore
Interested in a 29 Prime? Last years model. I used them twice. Once with the stock liner. Other time with a new Intuition tour liner I had fitted. I liked the way they skied, but had problems with the toe box fit

Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
thx bro for the offer.  gonna keep my biz local though.  got a good thing going.  
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
In reply to this post by ScottyJack
Nice looking boots. I'm going to hold off for one more year. Hoping that some companies come out with Dynafit compatible boots that are also DIN compatible (no idea if this is even possible). I don't want to be swapping soles all the time, and the CAST SI&I system would be awesome to have on a new set of lightweight skis (Like a Soul 7 or something).

I just need to figure out a boot to go with it.
Reply | Threaded
|

skimore
mattchuck2 wrote
 and the CAST SI&I system would be awesome to have on a new set of lightweight skis (Like a Soul 7 or something).
I don't know. Another thing you have to carry in your pack and dick around with. My understanding is the toe piece is for uphill only. What happens if you lose one of those putting them on/off at some point?
Reply | Threaded
|

ml242
Always go with the shoe that fits.
Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
ml242 wrote
Always go with the shoe that fits.
Agreed. Then you can wear it.
Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report
Reply | Threaded
|

tBatt
In reply to this post by ml242
I've heard lots of "meh, then I got Intuitions and LOVED them" kind of reviews about the Cochise.
I got the Factors, mostly because I found a hell of a deal on them. If I had the money, I definitely would have gone with a bootfitter first, and gone from there.

MC2, have you seen these bindings yet?

Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
No, I hadn't. But NICE.