Open this post in threaded view
|

New Jay Peak Website

Harvey
Administrator
This post was updated on .
Thoughts? Pros, cons...?

www.jaypeakresort.com

Design is "responsive" which means it's one site that should work on any device regardless of size.

New Jay Peak Website
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: New Jay Peak Website

Jamesdeluxe
Was there a discussion about the old site? I remember that it wasn't liked by many.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Actually IMO the new site renders best on mobile. Almost seems like a mobile site that was adapted for desktop vs the opposite.

The thing about the old site I didn't like was the flash that came down like a blanket of jay peak snow.  I also didn't like that you couldn't really link to the conditions page as it was also some kind of script. No real url.

Keep in mind that they may be continuing to work bugs out.  It seems to be loading faster than it was earlier in the day.

Reply | Threaded
|

riverc0il
I agree: it is a mobile site retrofitted for desktop instead of the other way around. Desktop looks very much function over form. Which is good because Jay's last two designs were form over function. I don't remember Jay ever having a good web site. I hope they fix the map. When zoomed out, the trail name should disappear. Or the image should be larger. But again, it is designed for mobile and I'm looking at it on a desktop...

Yup, just pulled it up on my phone and the map renders perfectly. Site looks excellent on mobile, much better than in a browser.

Anything is an improvement. I am looking forward to seeing the winter page with quick reference to conditions, new snow, and weather along with trails open or closed. I really like that you can quickly see which trails are open or closed.
Reply | Threaded
|

Peter Minde
In reply to this post by Harvey
It's a nice, clean modern design.  And it's utterly banal.  Looking at it, I don't get that skiing is their primary mission.  
Reply | Threaded
|

riverc0il
Peter Minde wrote
It's a nice, clean modern design.  And it's utterly banal.  Looking at it, I don't get that skiing is their primary mission.
Mission Accomplished?
Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
JPR has even provided video instructions on how to use the new site. Quite well done, in their classic style:

Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
That's a riot.  I really like the whole marketing strategy.  Moment{us} looks like an attempt to create a JP social network which could be several benefits if it takes off.  I would not bet against Bill and Steve's success.  

Personally I'm not sure I'm ready for a JPR site that has the desktop secondary, and skiing as an "equal."  I like mobile, but I'm not ready to part with my laptop.  I said this on FB - at least the skiing in front center!