New Life for Plattekill T-Bar?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

New Life for Plattekill T-Bar?

snoloco
Looks like former North Face T-Bar from Plattekill is being reinstalled at Whaleback, NH.  I went to Plattekill in 2010 and saw the remains of that lift.  Thought for sure it was scrapped, but I guess not.

http://www.newenglandskiindustry.com/viewstory.php?storyid=489
I've lived in New York my entire life.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: New Life for Plattekill T-Bar?

Marcski
This post was updated on .
I'm not so sure that is the T-bar that was from Plattekill. The article calls it "short". 1100' vert for a T-bar isn't short.  I know Plattekill buys, refurbishes and sells used items. Perhaps this T-bar is one of those ventures. Of course, they can be using just part of the old lift. I'm not really sure.
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
No, the article says that it came from Plattekill.  The reinstalled lift is almost always shorter than the original.  In this case they bought the equipment from a long t-bar and installed it as a short one.

No way Plattekill buys used equipment just to refurbish and flip it.  They likely buy used equipment to refurbish for their own use, like they got a used double chair from Belleayre and a magic carpet from Windham.  I think they got another double chair through an auction of a closed ski area, but have not installed it.
I've lived in New York my entire life.
Reply | Threaded
|

Marcski
Like I said, I wasn't sure.  But either way, Platty most definitely does buy, refurbish and sell used equipment, just not sure about lifts.
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
flag this one under who the hell cares...  
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

ml242
ScottyJack wrote
flag this one under who the hell cares...  
says a guy that never rode that t-bar, it was pretty cool!
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
In reply to this post by Marcski
Marcski wrote
Like I said, I wasn't sure.  But either way, Platty most definitely does buy, refurbish and sell used equipment, just not sure about lifts.
Yes they do buy and sell lifts too. I believe they are currently holding the lift from Tanglwood. They may eventually use it (Marcski knows where) but I think for the right price they would sell it.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Harvey wrote
  but I think for the right price they would sell it.
Everything is for sale bro