New NTN Tech Binding.

MC2 5678F589
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: New NTN Tech Binding.

PeeTex
Cool. Tele meets AT.
I think that be a winner of it's light weight. My beef with tech bindings is getting the pins engaged on sketchy terrain, you gotta be aligned just right.
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave
Matt, I'm all for you going the early adopter route.  I'll be content to live vicariously through your reviews.
Good luck!  (I recall you had an unpleasant relationship with the Burnt Mountain NTN variant).  

TD
"there is great chaos under heaven, and the situation is excellent" Disclaimer: Telemark Dave is a Hinterlandian. He is not from New York State, and in fact, doesn't even ski there very often. He is also obsessive-compulsive about Voile Charger BC's.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
Telemark Dave wrote
Matt, I'm all for you going the early adopter route.  I'll be content to live vicariously through your reviews.
Good luck!  (I recall you had an unpleasant relationship with the Burnt Mountain NTN variant).  

TD
My search for the holy grail of Tele bindings will probably continue forever. I'm pretty rough on equipment (ski and bike). I wish some company would just start paying me to put their product through the ringer.

I do like the Tech Toe for nice, low friction, freeheel touring. If it skis better than the TTS system, they might have something here. I'm also monitoring this: http://www.moonlightmountaingear.com/tele-rando.html and waiting to see what 22Designs is going to throw out there (looks heavy, though: http://www.earnyourturns.com/23105/22-designs-joins-ntn-gang/).
Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave
mattchuck2 wrote
Telemark Dave wrote
Matt, I'm all for you going the early adopter route.  I'll be content to live vicariously through your reviews.Good luck!  (I recall you had an unpleasant relationship with the Burnt Mountain NTN variant).  TD
My search for the holy grail of Tele bindings will probably continue forever. I'm pretty rough on equipment (ski and bike). I wish some company would just start paying me to put their product through the ringer.I do like the Tech Toe for nice, low friction, freeheel touring. If it skis better than the TTS system, they might have something here. I'm also monitoring this: http://www.moonlightmountaingear.com/tele-rando.html and waiting to see what 22Designs is going to throw out there (looks heavy, though: http://www.earnyourturns.com/23105/22-designs-joins-ntn-gang/).
Yeah, you and me both.  That's probably why I'm such a 1-speed fanatic.  Less to break - in theory, though shit still happens. Pretty much why I've never gone the NTN route.  Too many pieces to fail. Cable bindings still break, but their relative simplicity means you can predict what parts you should keep around as spares. Plus you can McGuiver quick fixes in the field. So yeah, I was hoping you'd throw yourself on the grenade for the team...
"there is great chaos under heaven, and the situation is excellent" Disclaimer: Telemark Dave is a Hinterlandian. He is not from New York State, and in fact, doesn't even ski there very often. He is also obsessive-compulsive about Voile Charger BC's.
Reply | Threaded
|

freeheeln
In reply to this post by MC2 5678F589
will this lead to the elimination of 75 mm norm?
Tele turns are optional not mandatory.
Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave
freeheeln wrote
will this lead to the elimination of 75 mm norm?
That's like asking if 27.5 wheels will eliminate 29" wheels which were going to eliminate 26" wheels... But it will certainly provide another welcome option.
Reply | Threaded
|

freeheeln
boot manufacturers must be trying to get rid of duck bills,get it down to 1 sole style
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
freeheeln wrote
boot manufacturers must be trying to get rid of duck bills,get it down to 1 sole style
You headed to the dark side?  I just ordered some T1s so I'm rockin it old school for a while.

I looked at MCs link above, not sure I get the diff between that and the other NTN.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

freeheeln
old school ,got too much old school hardware
Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
mattchuck2 wrote
Dude, you already win the lotto? 519 euros equals $656.58 USD.

It's expensive to be a pinhead.
Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report
Reply | Threaded
|

freeheeln
lot of coin for something he's just going to break
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
I figure they'll just send me new bindings when I break them. That's what I've been doing with skis for years.

And no. Tomorrow is the day I become $150 Million richer.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
mattchuck2 wrote
 I wish some company would just start paying me to put their product through the ringer.
Maybe not pay but free gear for testing and reviews? I think you may be dreaming, but I'm not so sure it unrealistic.  Whatever I think you'd be great at it.
Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave
Harvey wrote
mattchuck2 wrote
 I wish some company would just start paying me to put their product through the ringer.
Maybe not pay but free gear for testing and reviews? I think you may be dreaming, but I'm not so sure it unrealistic.  Whatever I think you'd be great at it.
Hey, he's going to have 150 million tomorrow, he can pay for whatever he wants.  Send the free stuff to the rest of us to test.

Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
mattchuck2 wrote
That's the day you learn what NYS + Fed taxes are really like, your $150M will be a lot smaller...
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Still should be able to squeeze out one of those fancy bindings. And maybe a box of fig newtons.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
In reply to this post by PeeTex
PeeTex wrote
mattchuck2 wrote
That's the day you learn what NYS + Fed taxes are really like, your $150M will be a lot smaller...
Yeah, you're right, if I only get $50 million, it's not even worth it. I mean, $2.5 million in interest every year (assuming 5% return) is garbage. I could buy Snow Ridge this year, Tupper next year, and start building my Ski Resort empire.
Reply | Threaded
|

K man
Matt, do you know how to make a small fortune in the ski industry.....start with a large one.
Avitar=Left Gully, Tuckerman Ravine
No Fat Chicks, Just Fat Skis
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
K man wrote
Matt, do you know how to make a small fortune in the ski industry.....start with a large one.
Ain't that the truth.

Also, no lottery win, so it looks like I'll have to do away with my dreams of being an early adopter.