New Powder Mag

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

New Powder Mag

JasonWx
The first issue of the season has arrived..That means this sweltering misery will end soon..
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: New Powder Mag

Harvey
Administrator
Jason's not the only one who considers the first Powder Magazine a milestone.

Sick Bird Rider actually added it to the seasonal calendar.

I've never seen PM. Somehow I always assumed it somehow wouldn't be for me. Not sure why.

Maybe it's because I've probably only had 10 true powder days in my life.  (I don't automatically consider any new snow powder.)

I looked around online to see what Powmag is all about.  I didn't find much.

What's the allure?
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: New Powder Mag

Sick Bird Rider
This post was updated on .
Got mine at the drugstore today. Doubly exciting because I had a dream about testing rockered skis last night. Went to get some antihistamines this morning, checked the magazine rack and lo and behold, there it was, the 2011 Powder Buyers Guide! Woo hoo! Told the cashier that I was getting the drugs to deal with allergy season and the magazine to get excited about the non-allergy season. She looked at me like I was insane, gazed at the cover and made some inane comment about snowboarding. Some people just don't get it.

Harvey: Powder Magazine is full of genuine ski stoke, great photos, some very good writing and it is half the price of Ski Journal, the only other ski magazine worth reading. Actually, I take that back. SBC Skier is pretty good, though tends to be oriented towards the Newschool crowd, not us old farts.
Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report
Reply | Threaded
|

Backcountry Mag

Adk Keith
In reply to this post by JasonWx
First Issue of the season arrived yesterday.

Now your talking!

(of course no shots in the Gallery of the east, but we have FFP for those)