New Ski Slope in Delaware County!

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

New Ski Slope in Delaware County!

Ethan Snow

This is my friend who recently built his own rope tow, likely inspired by Woodstream.  I helped out with the initial modification of the lawn tractor gear box, but the rest of the work was performed by Greg himself, and his highly supportive father. I dig this project big time, and I had the opportunity to ski on his slopes today.

Redneck engineering at it's finest!

From the bottom

The rope stretched out a bit as it was brand new. We are going to have to shorten it, and re-splice it.

I think the tow is 350' long, and there is somewhere around 100 vertical. The hill is located along route 28 between Oneonta and Delhi NY, and is North facing with a base elevation around 2000'.

Bring on Winter!
I'll take boilerplate ice over wet snow any day
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: New Ski Slope in Delaware County!

Thehof

Very cool
"No Falls=No Bslls
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
In reply to this post by Ethan Snow
Very ingenious. It looks like the rope is just running over the arms of the poles on the return. Is that right? If so, any concerns it'll wear out the rope? Plans to add rollers?
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Reply | Threaded
|

Ethan Snow
There are 4" wheels up there. They are kind of small, and don't show up well in the pictures. We selected a very high quality abrasion reaistant, sunlight resistant, and mildew resistant, 12 strand braided rope for many years of service.
I'll take boilerplate ice over wet snow any day
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
Nice. Should have figured you had it covered. Good job.
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller