24 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Next best Slides attempt?

ADmiKe
Highpeaksdrifter wrote
ADmiKe wrote
Sweatin my ass off! Had to ditch a layer!

Slides were awesome tho - met up with highpeaksdrifter for a run.

HPD - sorry I got detached from the group...went for the lower exit didn''t know what you meant by ribbon!
I got to take a couple of runs with Mike on Sunday too. Young dude is a nice guy with serious skills. We met top of F on Sunday when he was waiting to get in. Also met a guy named Brian (also excellent skier) who came to WF just to ski the Slides, but unfortunately didn't make it in. Anyway we decided to do a tour together and get the goods else where. We had to cut it a little short because of an "Unscheduled interaction", but until then we where having a grad old time. I actually ran into Brian in the 10th Mt. glades later that afternoon.

Anyway Mike, I want you and Brian to come back, bring some friends too so they can enjoy all the goodness of WF, look me and my crew up and we'll have some more fun.
Thanks HPD - it was great ripping with you and the others this weekend and thanks for the locals tour!  Had a great weekend, going to try and make it up to squeeze a few more days out of my pass - if not will be looking forward to another great one next year...I'll def get in touch next time I'm up for some more runs...I told Brian to sign up and find us on here, so hopefully get a chance to ski with him again...was a nice guy and good skier for sure.
Skiing is not a sport, it is a way of life.
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
What's the Slides scoop?  Brief opening Sunday, looks like nothing yesterday or today.  This after some described the conditions in there Saturday as the best all season.....and there was 4 inches new in the past 24.

Any thoughts on why they haven't opened?  Headed up Thurs -Sat.  Spring skiing Thurs/Fri, wet powder day Sat.  Gotta figure which day to encourage the kids to "enjoy the resort"!
We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!
Reply | Threaded
|

Universoul
Hey, it's Brian from Sunday. Great skiing w you Mike and HPD, it was a great day!
Heading up to the face tomorrow with a buddy. Hoping they open the slides for us this time!! I'll look for you HPD
Reply | Threaded
|

ADmiKe
Universoul wrote
Hey, it's Brian from Sunday. Great skiing w you Mike and HPD, it was a great day!
Heading up to the face tomorrow with a buddy. Hoping they open the slides for us this time!! I'll look for you HPD
Hey Brian - glad you found the blog...was great meeting you and skiing on Sunday...hope to take some more runs in the future!
Skiing is not a sport, it is a way of life.