Re: NVT conditions

skimore

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

PowderAssassin
This post was updated on .
Yet not a single pic of a trail. Almost looks like cross country skiing. You can barely even move. Exposed branches/trees every 3 feet. Looks like Hiking required in one of the pics so it's not even lift serviced some of those pics.

Honestly those pics remind me of mountain creek earlier in the season whey had that little 5 foot wide patch of ski to ski on. lol You're just shuffling back and forth. Skiing powder in those trees is kind of like when they leave the edge of a trail with pow on it. and groom the rest It sucks. Completely different type of powder skiing. Also,You wouldn't want to go as wide with a ski because you need quick edge to edge transition since you're side steeping half the time.

Why not take some pics of the trails while you were there and show off all that good powder? I mean you could still show the woods. What resort is that? Show the trails. Is it because there are simply too many skiers to get powder on the trails? East coast crowding and lack of acreage/terrain? Wide open pow out west equals powder for longer. Is it because there's too much wind and the trails don't hold the powder? Not enough acreage to skier ratio? Another reason snow ridge/out west is better.

It's not that hard

If you're going to show tree skiing at least show descent tree sking out west(ALBEIGT DANGEROUS) where they can really haul ass because the trees are farther apart.

Reponse to post below:
ahaha....yeah NVT is going to clue me in? That could be jay peak, stowe or any other resort. How about labeling it backcountry Einstein. lmao Anyway, it's the same stuff you'd see in the woods at any resort in nvt anyway. Point is the same.

Skunkapee is real butthurt. Incredible conditions?  Yeah for cross country skiing it's incredible. ahaha THat's sad that that's considered incredible for vermont. Look at the personal attacks calling me an a-hole when I was simply talking about pics that have nothing to do with him. Why do you even care what I think? Maybe because I'm hitting the nail on the head when it comes to NVT and the ENTIRE EAST COAST. A dirt road? hahaha...so I guess then you don't ski any trails at all. Since they're "dirt roads". No magic mountain for you and who cares if a mountain grooms all it's trails since it's "dirt roads". I never said it didn't snow in vermont...wtf? lol Hey skunkapee at least you're giving me a face shot since there's none in the pics. LOL!

A few inches of powder going like 5mph in tight trees where you can barely move....hey just call it what it is....cross country down hill in a few inches of powder. It's fine to have fun in that if you want, but don't go calling that amazing. That's laughable. Nevermind all the hazards under the light "backcountry"(a joke) snowpack there. I like the sensation of soft snow, not hitting rocks when you try to take a hard turn to give yourself a face shot.

THIS is phenomenal, not the b.s. posted above.

Wide open trail in B.C. in the REAL BACKCOUNTRY. NOT THAT LAME ASS WOODS CRAP
14-15 Season:

11-22 Snow Ridge (opening day 35")          1-7 Snow Ridge (10")
11-28 Grand targhee                                  1-8 Telluride(12 inches)
11-30 jackson hole(10 inches)                      1-9 Whistler(12 inches)
                                                                  1-11 mt bactchelor(20 inches)
12-7 Vail(15 inches)                                      1-12 Mt baker(30 inches
12-10 Whistler(20 inches)
12-12 Whistler helisking(bottomless)
12-14 Big Sky(27 inches)
12-15 Mammoth(24 inches)
12-18 Kirkwood(50 inches)
12-21 Alta(37 inches)
12-22 Grand targhee(40 inches)
12-26 jackson hole(26 inches)
12-28 Chugatch backcountry(bottomless powder)
Reply | Threaded
|

skimore
PowderAssassin wrote
Yet not a single pic of a trail.
Boy you're fucking dense. Maybe the title of the thread would clue you in this wasn't a resort
Reply | Threaded
|

skunkape
In reply to this post by PowderAssassin
PowderAssassin wrote
Yet not a single pic of a trail. Almost looks like cross country skiing. You can barely even move. Exposed branches/trees every 3 feet. Looks like Hiking required in one of the pics so it's not even lift serviced some of those pics.

Honestly those pics remind me of mountain creek earlier in the season whey had that little 5 foot wide patch of ski to ski on. lol You're just shuffling back and forth. Skiing powder in those trees is kind of like when they leave the edge of a trail with pow on it. and groom the rest It sucks. Completely different type of powder skiing. Also,You wouldn't want to go as wide with a ski because you need quick edge to edge transition since you're side steeping half the time.

Why not take some pics of the trails while you were there and show off all that good powder? I mean you could still show the woods. What resort is that? Show the trails. Is it because there are simply too many skiers to get powder on the trails? East coast crowding and lack of acreage/terrain? Wide open pow out west equals powder for longer. Is it because there's too much wind and the trails don't hold the powder? Not enough acreage to skier ratio? Another reason snow ridge/out west is better.
Ok, I held back for a while, but wow you are a real fucking asshole. This is a picture of incredible conditions, and you want a picture of a wide open dirt road with some snow on it, and just complain in your usual sour tone. You don't know shit about powder. IT SNOWED IN VERMONT. DEAL WITH IT. I'd face shot you with it in a second.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
In reply to this post by skimore
Awesome post, phenomenal pictures.

More of this, please. Less PowAss.
Reply | Threaded
|

YUKON CORNELIUS
Awesome! Looks great.
"This is pure snow! Do you have any idea what the street value of this mountain is?"
Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
Powassasin-

Why do you have to piss on everyones cheerios?

OP, cool pics. The storm day shots are dope. Looks pretty good to me and I have lived out west for 20 years now.
Reply | Threaded
|

skimore
PowderAssassin wrote
  Yeah for cross country skiing it's incredible.
Says the guy who states this about Berkshire

Really steep.

http://www.americanwx.com/bb/index.php/topic/44208-the-2014-2015-ski-season-thread/page-16

You are also on there inquiring about Stowe when on here you blather on how you'd never pay those prices. You're such a blowhard
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
The spacing looks pretty sweet to me.  What I've seen of trees in VT (which admittedly isn't that much) is that they do seem more widely spaced than in the Adks.

Pow the guy just posted some incredibly cool stuff. Maybe let some of us have a shot at checking them out before you say they suck.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

billyymc
Is there an ignore button in this forum?  Can not find.
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
While P-ASS may be an extreme tool you gotta admire his (hopefully short-lived) solution for getting around his post limit, assuming edits are not limited in number.  Harvey?
We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!
Reply | Threaded
|

Petronio

This particular troll is amazingly resilient.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
skimore wrote
Quoted for stoke on page 2.

Sorry billy got no ignore function with the bargain brand forum.  JT - no easy way to limit edits for one person.  Trying to move away from this software so improvements are not likely at this point.

As much as I don't have a consistent reason for hampering Pow's effluent the forum does seem to be more diverse and better with the two post limit on spam.  I guess my reasoning is going to have to be "because I said so." Not ideal, but it is what it is.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
sig
Reply | Threaded
|

sig
looks like some nice pitch up top. in picture 4 look at his right pole (our left), it is out sideways and pointing right into the hill. that tells me how steep it is. pictures or video rarely capture how steep terrain is. between these photos and the MR guys there is some nice skiing out there. glad i went to work instead
Reply | Threaded
|

skimore
sig wrote
looks like some nice pitch up top
PowderPuff is too clueless recognize the sloughing snow
Reply | Threaded
|

Glade Runner
Banned User
Looks awesome!
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
In reply to this post by Harvey
Harvey wrote
As much as I don't have a consistent reason for hampering Pow's effluent the forum...
Are you kidding me? He just took a shit on an awesome thread in order to get in some dumb commentary on his two favorite topics (NoVT sucks and skiing is dangerous). That's reason for banning right there. Say what you want about Noah, but he appreciated a good TR when he saw one.
Reply | Threaded
|

PowderAssassin
mattchuck2 wrote
Harvey wrote
As much as I don't have a consistent reason for hampering Pow's effluent the forum...
Are you kidding me? He just took a shit on an awesome thread in order to get in some dumb commentary on his two favorite topics (NoVT sucks and skiing is dangerous). That's reason for banning right there. Say what you want about Noah, but he appreciated a good TR when he saw one.
Number 1 IT'S NOT A TRAIL REPORT. It's straight up shot at me and the debates we've been having. Get real. Why's it in woodstove and not trail report section? You see me shitting on the trail reports? HUH?

Harvey is simply allowing an opinion that is different than the core group dynamic of 10 or so very BIASED EGOTISTICAL east coast skiers that can't admit the obvious truth.

It's not actually NVT sucks...NVT =  some of the best skiing on the east coast. That's the point....THE EAST COAST. You can't compare shitty tight tree skiing to wide open pow on a trail.

Honestly, those pics look bad compared to real powder shots on wide open pow or west coast tree shots. I'm not just saying this because of safety of running into a tree(important as well). I'm saying it's like just having powder on the edge of a trail and having to sidestep/swish swash down a trail and you have to constantly turn/stop to avoid trees. IT SUCKS. So to use those pics to say how great the powder is on the east coast is laughable.

You can call it 500 inches, 800 inches. It doesn't matter. The end result it what you're skiing on. It's generally obsecently overpriced, crowded, tough to get powder on trails due to low snowfall/acereage/high winds, inconsistent with rain/thaws, and icy much of the time. This is reality. The reason it exists is due to promixty to major cities centers on the east coast. You can drive there versus flying to alta. Snow ridge even though it's 500 feet vertical is dirt cheap and you can actually find powder on the trails.
skimore wrote
Says the guy who states this about Berkshire

Really steep.

http://www.americanwx.com/bb/index.php/topic/44208-the-2014-2015-ski-season-thread/page-16

You are also on there inquiring about Stowe when on here you blather on how you'd never pay those prices. You're such a blowhard
LOL...Man you are crazy. Trying to find my clones all over the internet looking for anyone else who doesn't like tree skiing in powder.  You think I'm the only one with the opinions that I have about tree skiing in super tight trees and prefering west coast pow over what we have here? Get real
----------------------------------------------------------
This debate could have ended easily...Admit the obvious....

Reply to post below....Slarving it a type of turn. http://www.skinet.com/ski/galleries/how-slarve-shane-mcconkey
If Yyou had wide open pow and ever lived in utah.colorado/anywhere that got real pow you'd know exactly what it is .If you went into a ski shop out west and looking to buy a rockered pow ski see how quickly that term comes up. If you shop at an HONEST ec shop even up around stowe, they'll tell you a 115+ wide ski is a once a year ski at best and you're better off with a 100mm ski due to it being mostly tree skiing with not as deep powder. GET REAL.

All this doesnt' take away from how crazy you are looking for something like that. You got issues bro Remember I was some mikek guy or something as well? lol

And on top of it, what difference would it make if I did make that post and I'm Blizzardman? Berkshire east is steepest in massachusetts. What are you talking about?

Oh and I already knew who powderfreak is from a long time ago when he told me he measures snow for stowe as harvery pointed out....he "schooled" me quite a while ago. lol
14-15 Season:

11-22 Snow Ridge (opening day 35")          1-7 Snow Ridge (10")
11-28 Grand targhee                                  1-8 Telluride(12 inches)
11-30 jackson hole(10 inches)                      1-9 Whistler(12 inches)
                                                                  1-11 mt bactchelor(20 inches)
12-7 Vail(15 inches)                                      1-12 Mt baker(30 inches
12-10 Whistler(20 inches)
12-12 Whistler helisking(bottomless)
12-14 Big Sky(27 inches)
12-15 Mammoth(24 inches)
12-18 Kirkwood(50 inches)
12-21 Alta(37 inches)
12-22 Grand targhee(40 inches)
12-26 jackson hole(26 inches)
12-28 Chugatch backcountry(bottomless powder)
Reply | Threaded
|

skimore
PowderAssassin wrote
LOL...Man you are crazy. Trying to find my clones all over the internet looking for anyone else who doesn't like tree skiing in powder.  
Anyone here reading 2 posts from BlizzardHunter over there can tell its you

It just so happens that Blizz started posting to Powderfreak after Harv started a thead here and you started your nonsense

Your favorite
slarving turns

Oh......and if you think this thread was started as pot shot at you......you really got issues