North Creek Gear Source Gone

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
17 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

North Creek Gear Source Gone

Hudsonhiker
I was in North Creek today for the steam train festival and stopped to the Gear Source shop. It's gone. Totally empty and the folks that were just closing the door and leaving in a cube van said he's done. They didn't seem to want to elaborate or talk so I just left. ?? I liked the place. I'll miss it.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: North Creek Gear Source Gone

Harvey
Administrator
Some may have noticed that his ad has been gone from our homepage for a month or so.

I'll miss it the Gear Source too. So will North Creek.

It's tough to run a business in North Creek, and Jeff did a solid job. He's an innovator with ideas and an entrepreneur at heart. The Gear Source was a success in North Creek.

He has a great opportunity to move into another line of work that isn't seasonal and will give him more flexibility to ski and do the things he loves.  It's not my place to say more.

Best of luck Jeff.

"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Darkside Shaman
Beware of the douche bag in the cube van....
Gotta go to know
Reply | Threaded
|

Danzilla
I will miss Jeff too. Loved the idea last year for the live music and discount ski tunes on Friday nights.

My wife would like to know what happened to the snowboard she had on consignment there. Any word on what happened to all the gear? Anyone else out there have stuff on consignment at the shop?

There's more than one douche out there in a van.

DZilla
CMR
Reply | Threaded
|

CMR
This post was updated on .
Really?  And I thought THIS was the year that they would finally sell my family's skis and boots.  Must have missed the email from Jeff to pick up my stuff.

Jeff was a really nice guy, but what has happened to all our equipment on consignment?

It's a good thing we didn't drop off our new skis from Start Haus to have our bindings attached.  
Reply | Threaded
|

Darkside Shaman
Jeff is still in town, and he still has all of the gear. Contact him at adkgear@gmail.com
Gotta go to know
CMR
Reply | Threaded
|

CMR
Thanks Shaman.  I really didn't think that Jeff would skip town with the consignment gear as he always came across as an honest and very helpful person.  Running a business in North Creek certainly seems to have its challenges.  I wish him good luck with his new job.
Reply | Threaded
|

Danzilla
Thanks Shaman. Bummer to see the shop gone but good for Jeff. Retail is a tough business.

BTW I had a cab driver the other night who claimed to be a real life Shaman. I said "oh yeah - are you a Darkside Shaman?" He said "oh my gosh no no no no! I do not dare dabble in the dark arts". I said "well that's too bad. I know a Darkside Shaman and he's a pretty cool guy."  There wasn't much conversation after that:)
Reply | Threaded
|

Goreskimom
Reply | Threaded
|

Darkside Shaman
In reply to this post by Danzilla
Gotta go to know
Reply | Threaded
|

Gear Source

telerider
Just waking up from my summer hibernation.  Hello Harvey faithful!  When I was up at my place this summer, I learned that the Gear Source closed.  I saw Jeff at the Barking Spider about a month earlier and he didn't mention anything.  Is there any update?  I need some skis changed over to NTN and I don't know who to bring them to now?  I'll see if Gore's repair shop can do it when I'm up over T-Giving?  It's a shame that good shops owned by good people can't make a go of it up there.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Gear Source

MC2 5678F589
telerider wrote
I need some skis changed over to NTN and I don't know who to bring them to now?  I'll see if Gore's repair shop can do it when I'm up over T-Giving?  It's a shame that good shops owned by good people can't make a go of it up there.
I just took my NTNs to Inside Edge in Queensbury. Don't know if they're on your way up, but they do great work.
Reply | Threaded
|

Darkside Shaman
Telerider, take MC2's advice and go to Inside Edge. They have the both of the NTN jigs, they mounted my freedoms for me last week, and they do excellent work.
Gotta go to know
Reply | Threaded
|

telerider
Thanks for the great advice.  I look forward to checking them out.  All my stuff is up at Gore, so I'll have to stop by on my way back down to NJ.  
Reply | Threaded
|

freeheeln
In reply to this post by Darkside Shaman
inside edge just mounted up my new tele ride , do great work
Tele turns are optional not mandatory.
Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
In reply to this post by Hudsonhiker
There is a store going in that brands there own equipment. They have glasses, goggles and poles at this point. I was cool to the idea until I heard there product is made in China. Now I'm not sure how i feel about it.I'll have to check it out next time I'm in north crick. The amount of inventory they are getting is significant. I need me poles so I guess I get a pair there. Wish they could manufacture things around here.
Reply | Threaded
|

bean valley
"It's a shame that good shops owned by good people can't make a go of it up there"

Check out Beaver Brook at the corner of 8 and 28...extremely nice people doing very good work. River guides and ski people, the best there are.