9 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

North Creek Ski Bowl and Gore Mountain, NY: 2/23/13

Harvey
Administrator
This post was updated on .
Ski Day 24: Camera troubles and the timing isn't good. Never is I guess.

Gore: snowed maybe 2 inches. Trails were good, woods were thin but very much in play.  Woke in the flatlands at 4:40, met ml at the Mahwah Sheraton and arrived at the Ski bowl around 9:30.  Ran into freeheeln and fixedheeln and skied the interconnect to Burnt Ridge and then the top.  These are the only pics I got.

ml242

freeheeln

fixedheeln

Once again fixedheeln showed her characteristic poise in all situations.  Maybe freeheeln with post the awesome pic from Facebook from the Khumbu Icefall.

Nice cast of characters today: ml242, freeheeln, fixedheeln, Condor, Powderqueen, Pammy, Sudsnbumps and Perilous Paul on the Straightbrook.

Hopefully ml will add some color.

"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: North Creek Ski Bowl and Gore Mountain, NY: 2/23/13

Sick Bird Rider
Looks/sounds like fun even without the color commentary.

Freeheeln needs some new pants.
Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report
Reply | Threaded
|

freeheeln

Fixedheeln on the top of the icy bulge in Chatiemac Glades at Gore.  And what's wrong with my pants??!! At least they're not jeans! :)
Tele turns are optional not mandatory.
Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
freeheeln wrote

...And what's wrong with my pants??!! At least they're not jeans! :)
Oh probably nothing, really. The tele position and the frontal shot just makes them look perhaps a tad overly baggy. Sartorial splendour is everything on the slopes.
Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report
Reply | Threaded
|

freeheeln
thought all the cool kids were wearing them baggie
Reply | Threaded
|

Powderqueen
Nice to see y'all!

Pammy and I had a blast this weekend. We got to the ski bowl both days. Skied some new lines (new to me anyway). Not very busy for the end of the holiday week. Lodge was not even that busy during lunch. No lift lines. It was pretty chill and the skiing was very good, even without the predicted 6" of snow. It snowed all day and all night but the snow hardly accumulated. It did make a nice white coating, but didn't warrant taking out the new powder skis.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Freeheelns uniform is built for his mission in the trees.  Somehow sbr when you see him in action...he's like a secret. Agent.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

ml242
I had a few from this trip that I wanted to share. Great skiing with FreeHeelin+1, Condor, PowderQueen, and Harv. Gore is a special place and I can see how it would be so well regarded in this tree-skiing circle of rippers. I really hope to be back soon.
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
Reply | Threaded
|

freeheeln
In reply to this post by Harvey
like this