Not low enough expectations: Greek Peak 1/11/12

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Not low enough expectations: Greek Peak 1/11/12

Powderqueen
With the sun shining and blue skies, it seemed like a good plan to go to Greek Peak after work and ski with Acidchrist.

Greek Peak was looking rather sad. The WROD shrinking from every direction. It was turning brown and thin. They haven't made snow in quite a while.

It was fast and icy. Not busy at all. Pretty sad altogether. Had fun skiing as always with Acidchrist. If it wasn't for him, I would've been totally bored and would've gone home much sooner.

Cornhead was seen on the lift.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Not low enough expectations: Greek Peak 1/11/12

campgottagopee
I'm actually glad GP couldn't get funding for a newlift this year...could you imagine if they had that payment too??? We may have found Al swinging from the rafters of his new hotel.

I've lived here in CNY my entire life and I've NEVER seen a winter like this....EVER
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
it will get better!
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

gorgonzola
ouch, let's hope so, not the news i was hoping to hear. i guess its a good thing he's got the waterpark and advetnure center cuz he's booked solid for the weekend...

and skiing with anyone named acidchrist has just GOT to be fun no matter what the conditons are
Reply | Threaded
|

Cornhead
In reply to this post by Powderqueen
  Hi PDQ, I recognized AC, sorry I didn't you, I would have said hi. I saw a report of up to two inches of rain coming our way, figured I hit the hill before the deluge, now it looks like we may get some snow, yeah. I thought the conditions last night were pretty good, considering. I didn't know what to expect, the thermometer on my car read forty five on the drive up. I much prefer the soft sugar snow last night to hardpack and ice. I did quite a few laps skier's right on fields. It was depressing riding chair four and thinking Zeus should be open by now, well maybe not, but at least have snow on it.

I decided to check out Castor, as I'm loading the liftie says, "What one word best describes you?". The best I could come up with was, "$hit", guess I've got self esteem issues. I wish I had said, "skier". I thought it was a pretty neat thing to do, especially while preoccupied with loading a chair, and having to respond right away. It is by far the most profound thing I've ever heard from a lift attendant. The rest of the crew was listening and waiting for a response. I thought of other things I could have said on the ride up, couldn't think of too many good things, guess I've got some work to do.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by gorgonzola
gorgonzola wrote
ouch, let's hope so, not the news i was hoping to hear. i guess its a good thing he's got the waterpark and advetnure center cuz he's booked solid for the weekend...
Good point...weekends are still packed at GP despite the lack of snow...good to see