ORDA ANNUAL REPORT

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
11 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

ORDA ANNUAL REPORT

tjf1967
Gore is trending very positively while Whiteface seems to be making excuses.  

More snowmaking is the answer for Whiteface.  Its that simple.

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: ORDA ANNUAL REPORT

Harvey
Administrator
Thanks for the heads up TJ. Here's the report:

http://www.orda.org/corporate/pdf/annual/annreport14-15.pdf

Numbers for Bell and Whiteface seem to have been revised for the past 2-3 years, and there are only revenue numbers (no visits) for Gore for the last few years.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

skimore
Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
And seeing what gore is doing this off season I think the trend is going to continue.
Reply | Threaded
|

Benny Profane
In reply to this post by skimore
skimore wrote

Awesome.
funny like a clown
Reply | Threaded
|

Peter Minde
In reply to this post by Harvey
Belleayre: is it possible that ORDA and DEC used different methodologies to calculate skier visits.  For Whiteface:  It was so cold this winter, I gotta wonder if that kept people away.
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
Them boys in the Crick must be doin sumpten right.
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Reply | Threaded
|

evantful
I think Gore is really seeing the fruits of all the investment ORDA has placed in it. 3 new lifts in the last 7 years (2 being high speed quads) multiple new Pods and much better snowmaking.

Gore is now really able to leverage its location being only 90min from Albany and still a reasonable drive from the New York metro area. It would seem they are getting a higher number of day trippers buying day tickets.
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
Good job ORDA!  

WF skier visits and revenue continues to go up!  Same for the other two mountains!  The number of events ORDA runs is also increasing substantially.  I def think things are going in the right direction!

The mtn bike numbers are discouraging.  The current contact w/ HPC needs to be reassessed.    NYS needs to pour 500K to 1 million into trail development.  Build three flow trails from facelift down.  Run facelift Friday, Sat, Sun and continue to run gondola status quo.

HPC does not have resources to invest to build the type of trail system required.  So modify contract where private business operates shop/rentals similar to Centerplate setup.  Tickets sales go to ORDA.  Revenue generated from bike shop rentals goes to vendor.

Only way to increase mtn bike visits to WF.  Children and their non expert parents are stacked in lines at other mtn bike parks all over the east coast because of the flow trail systems.  WF needs to take this approach because all other destination mtn bike locations have a downhill center/bike park to provide riders w/ "day off".  

Crucial move needs to be made!  
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
ScottyJack wrote
The mtn bike numbers are discouraging.  The current contact w/ HPC needs to be reassessed.    NYS needs to pour 500K to 1 million into trail development.  Build three flow trails from facelift down.  Run facelift Friday, Sat, Sun and continue to run gondola status quo.
Agree with this. A few nice Flow trails would definitely mean that I'd visit more. As is, there's so much free mountain biking in the area, it's hard to justify spending money for a lift ticket or a season pass. But If there were fun trails on the mountain, I'd love to take a lift up, check out some great views, and bomb down. Kingdom Trails in VT have the right model with the XC mecca at Darling hill and then solid DH at Burke Mountain.  
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
mattchuck2 wrote
Agree with this. A few nice Flow trails would definitely mean that I'd visit more. As is, there's so much free mountain biking in the area, it's hard to justify spending money for a lift ticket or a season pass. But If there were fun trails on the mountain, I'd love to take a lift up, check out some great views, and bomb down. Kingdom Trails in VT have the right model with the XC mecca at Darling hill and then solid DH at Burke Mountain.

Have you checked out the windham scene yet?  two amazing flow trails and two gnarly downhill runs lift served and a five minute drive to some sick (hardy on steroids) 15 miles of single track named Elm Ridge.  From Toga you are less than 2 hours away!

I ride with Crazy Horse!