ORDA, Corrupt Entity? Wait, what?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
11 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

ORDA, Corrupt Entity? Wait, what?

Darkside Shaman
Good read here, I do not know Mr. Power, but I know the rest of the players here, and from what I've seen from these players, Mr. Power "may" have a very strong case here. Let the peanut gallery speak...

http://www.adirondackdailyenterprise.com/news/local-news/2018/11/ex-official-sues-orda-and-ig/
Gotta go to know
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: ORDA, Corrupt Entity? Wait, what?

Milo Maltbie
When you work for a government agency, you have to avoid "the appearance of impropriety." Alcohol always creates the appearance of impropriety, at least to someone who wants your job. The problem is that once something "appears" improper, the thing next to it "appears" similar, so the boundary always expands.  I once had a serious discussion with the General Counsel of a State agency about what refreshments employees could take at public meetings. He concluded donuts were OK, but bagels had cream cheese, which is a sandwich, which is lunch, which is a meal, so he concluded donuts were OK, but bagles were not. That was 25 years ago, and now that agency's employees are not allowed anything, not even coffee.

Seems like ordinary infighting for the top job, with some unfortunate formal charges thrown in.  I wouldn't have thought ORDA CEO was such a big deal that you would go that far. This is nothing compared to when Ned Harkness was running ORDA from Florida.

mm
"Everywhere I turn, here I am." Susan Tedeschi
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by Darkside Shaman
This will be interesting --- not too surprised
Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
MICKEY MOUSE!!  Seems like normal entertainment to anyone with common sense.  I wonder how much in billing has been racket up so far.  
Reply | Threaded
|

Milo Maltbie
In reply to this post by campgottagopee
There's something else going on. $6500 of alcohol over 5 years is nothing, especially for an agency that runs several bars that sell $7 beers. That's not even my personal bar bill for a year. Powers was already out. Why would they go after him?

mm
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by tjf1967
LOL -- right?

Glad my boss is cool
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by Milo Maltbie
Milo Maltbie wrote
There's something else going on. $6500 of alcohol over 5 years is nothing, especially for an agency that runs several bars that sell $7 beers. That's not even my personal bar bill for a year. Powers was already out. Why would they go after him?

mm
Completely agree.

My interesting comment was more in the way of "what the hell are they looking for"?

Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
In reply to this post by Milo Maltbie
They wanted him out and this was the ticket.  Lets face it if a company wants to fire someone they can always find a reason why...even though in that position you don't need a reason.  They should have just released him from services and wish him good luck. I think the problem is to many so called smart people got involved.
Reply | Threaded
|

Milo Maltbie
tjf1967 wrote
They wanted him out and this was the ticket.
They had him out. Why go after him? Why not just take the victory? Maybe Power has something real on them and they are preemptively discrediting him.

IME even the worst people have good friends, and if you go after someone you can expect payback, often from unexpected places.

mm
Reply | Threaded
|

Johnnyonthespot
Do people with interests in VT influence ORDA decisions? Seems like they always fuck up just enough to keep NY skiing less marketable than the land of birkenstocks.
I don't rip, I bomb.
Reply | Threaded
|

Benny Profane
How utterly childish.
funny like a clown