ORDA board changes

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

ORDA board changes

Adk Jeff
Ed Weibrecht and Serge Lussi will both retire from the ORDA board, according to the Adirondack Daily Enterprise earlier this week:
Town changes ORDA board representatives
Town of North Elba board members appointed Bloomberg Media Group CEO Andy Lack, whose resume also includes running NBC News and Sony Music Entertainment, and Regional Office of Sustainable Tourism CEO Jim McKenna to the ORDA board Tuesday night. They will replace Ed Weibrecht and Serge Lussi, both of whom have served on the board for about 15 years. Weibrecht has been serving on an expired term for the last 10 months, and Lussi's term expires Dec. 31.

From my perspective this is a positive change.  Weibrecht is owner of the Mirror Lake Inn and Lussi is owner of the Crown Plaza.  The change eliminates the obvious conflict of interest that exists in having the owners of Lake Placid's largest resorts, with many hundreds of beds to fill, making decisions about the allocation of capital improvements and marketing resources among ORDA's various venues.  
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: ORDA board changes

x10003q
This is good news, but way too late. I am sure the new LP Convention Center is paying huge dividends for the  Lussi and Weibrecht properties all at NYS taxpayer expense.
Reply | Threaded
|

Noah John
x10003q wrote
This is good news, but way too late. I am sure the new LP Convention Center is paying huge dividends for the  Lussi and Weibrecht properties all at NYS taxpayer expense.
Oh God.  The intertubz are funneh.
Reply | Threaded
|

Peter Minde
So, owning a $7.6 million dollar house in Lake Placid qualifies one to be a board member.  Who knew.
Reply | Threaded
|

Pants
In reply to this post by Noah John
Noah John wrote
x10003q wrote
Oh God.  The intertubz are funneh.
for sure!