30 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: ORDA looks to the past for a ski cabin

ScottyJack
This post was updated on .
Coach Z wrote
I've been in this hut.  Like I said it's already in use for patrol for as long as that lift has been there which is coming up on 10 years soon.

Centerplate could spend a grand or two and have it open for a place to serve hot cocoa and cookies.  Bring in the DEC / APA approval process and a year or two and 50 grand or so later that same thing will happen.  techinaclly it would seem as if patrol should not be using it until all the public comment and environmental studies are complete.  Waste of money is an understatement.

The statement above truly exemplifies how awesome freedom of speech is in this great country of ours.  Citizens have the privilege, earned from the blood of our forefathers, to issue statements that are wholly and wantonly devoid of truth.  Statements purely exclaimed from the deepest delusional depths and uttered for the singular purpose of showcasing the vast extent of their knowledge for all the world to marvel at....  

Statement predicated on falsehoods not merit!

And once proven wrong, no matter how many times they are proven wrong, their creditability, their expertise on all matters -  still remains intact - never shaken.  Immune from reality.  Moving on without missing a beat they veraciously pontificate from the almighty court of personal opinion without consequence.

Porcupine Lodge will be open this season as a day use warming hut for the general public.  Ski Patrol will relocate to the structure built a couple seasons ago skiers right at the entrance to Hoyt's High.  If the weather remains warm, a hospitality deck will be built adjoining the Lodge.  If the weather turns cold then the deck will be constructed next season.  

I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
That was great ^^^^
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
campgottagopee wrote
That was great ^^^^
+1
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
In reply to this post by ScottyJack
SJ / Matt
Please explain what I said is un true?
The lodge has been there 75 years
It has been in use by patrol for the last 10 years.  Why would patrol use not require dec approval yet public use does?
Why should the tax payers of NYS pay to have this done when it adds not a scintilla of public benefit

Liberals can never have too much costly non value add regulation
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
Coach Z wrote
SJ / Matt
Please explain what I said is un true?
The lodge has been there 75 years
It has been in use by patrol for the last 10 years.  Why would patrol use not require dec approval yet public use does?
Why should the tax payers of NYS pay to have this done when it adds not a scintilla of public benefit

Liberals can never have too much costly non value add regulation
Just because it has no value to you doesn't mean it has no value to anyone. The little used warming Hut on top of Gore (I use it all the time, but never really see a lot of people in there) becomes a party spot in the spring, with people bringing up grills, kegs, and awesome spreads of food.

Even if it costs $50,000 (which seems wildly inflated), that's like $0.005 per taxpayer (half a penny?). I think I can afford that.
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
I like the idea of having the warming hut open.  It will be like a nice tucked away spot since it's a couple hundred yards off the trail.  The contract with Centerplate states Centerplate have fix up the inside and Orda the outside so it will cost taxpayers little.  It's already in usable shape on the outside.

It's the ridiculous requirement to go thru a public meeting and environmental assessment for a building that already exists and is in use I object to as a waste of taxpayer money.  The liberal attitude that it is a small sum spread out is so typical. Multiplied by tens of millions of taxpayers and millions of projects it adds up to serious money that is being taken with no benefit or return on investment.  The #1 reason I dislike liberalism is I can't stand bureaucracy in any form particularly when there is no clear benefit to it.  Regulation for the sake of regulation if you will.  

Nothing NYS does is cheap.  They will form a commission to come up with the slowest and most costly way to implement just about anything imaginable. This state is incredibly poorly run and which party is responsible for that Matt?  But hey you can always just raise taxes right.

I'd probably be a libertarian if I didn't think the Pauls are a bunch of nuts.
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

Highpeaksdrifter
In reply to this post by ScottyJack
ScottyJack wrote
 Statements purely exclaimed from the deepest delusional depths and uttered for the singular purpose of showcasing the vast extent of their knowledge for all the world to marvel at....  
Perfect...that's what forums are all about...well, a lot of the time
There's truth that lives
And truth that dies
I don't know which
So never mind - Leonard Cohen
Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
HAHA! I knew someone was going to get the coach fired up on liberals!

The post you had coach on loving the idea of more golf courses and bringing in more wealthy people and second owned homes was a bit of a giveaway.

The whole argument of this side vs. that side needs to be abolished imo. It's become so dumb. One extreme or the other just doesn't work, I think the best solutions are somewhere in the middle. It also seems to be in the corporations best interest to keep us divided. I don't like the idea of making it so easy for them to swindle the majority.

I really like the Paul's. I might not agree with everything they say but at least they seem genuine. I keep hearing people calling them a little bit on the crazy side, what's that all about? Sorry, I don't follow politics very much.

And Coach....don't you dare call me a liberal! :)
Reply | Threaded
|

Adk Jeff
Project has been approved by the APA and Porcupine Lodge will be open for the 2015-16 ski season:
APA Approves Whiteface Porcupine Lodge Project
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
I ride with Crazy Horse!