classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
104 messages Options
1234 ... 6
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Ok Boomer

raisingarizona
Matt posted a rebuttal in a thread to P-Tex the other day that simply said.....ok boomer.

I thought it was funny and a pretty good comeback regardless of my own opinion on whatever the subject was. I honestly don’t remember where it exactly was but anyways our local paper just published this article. I didn’t know this was such a big thing but I find it interesting.

https://azdailysun.com/news/national/what-ok-boomer-says-about-the-generational-divide/article_d3d54e41-557a-53e3-9f70-6c9a85668da5.html?utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook_Arizona_Daily_Sun
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Ok Boomer

MC2 5678F589
It wasn't me!

witch hobble wrote
Ok boomer
But yeah, it's a thing. I always preferred this classic when Boomers are being terrible:

but I guess "Ok Boomer" is the newer thing to say to them.

I like it. Direct, dismissive, and it just diminishes their opinions... usually opinions about a world that doesn't exist anymore. Oh you think that teenager should just get a summer job to pay for college? Ok Boomer.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
From a Boomer:

I remember I worked all summer and cleared like $800 and used it for beer money and gas for the year.

Tuition and Board was 10k all in.  I was lucky my folks paid.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
Reply | Threaded
|

billyymc
In reply to this post by raisingarizona
I'm guessing it's from millenials who's parents still pay for their cell phone plans.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
billyymc wrote
I'm guessing it's from millenials who's parents still pay for their cell phone plans.
Ooh, someone has a gripe. You still paying for your kids' cell phones, billy?
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by raisingarizona
I thought that was clever as well. I also didn't know it was a thing. Witchy is so hip.
Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave
Great movie!   oh wait am minute,  that makes me a boomer!  

oh, and hey, I have two millenial sons...., finished college, and outtamyhouse !

Best comment ever, was my oldest son back when he was a teenager, telling Bonnie and I to grow up and act our age!  I've been on friggen' cloud nine ever since.   I heart being a boomer.  House paid for, cars paid for, owing nada.   Aside from work (which is pretty informal),  I can ski, peddle, or paddle anytime and for as long as I want to.  End of boomer rant.
"there is great chaos under heaven, and the situation is excellent" Disclaimer: Telemark Dave is a Hinterlandian. He is not from New York State, and in fact, doesn't even ski there very often. He is also obsessive-compulsive about Voile Charger BC's.
Reply | Threaded
|

witch hobble
It blurs generational lines. I think it cuts even deeper when said to somebody like me (gen xer who is just coming to terms with how I’m creeping closer to my expiration date) than to an actual boomer.

I do like you guys thinking I’m hip and all, but it’s really just from having a college kid and a high school kid (gen zers) and trying to stay aware.....if not necessarily relevant.
Reply | Threaded
|

marznc
witch hobble wrote
. . . it’s really just from having a college kid and a high school kid (gen zers) and trying to stay aware.....if not necessarily relevant.
Yep, having a kid in college changes perspective . . . even for a Boomer.  I'll be over 65 when she graduates in a few years.  Makes her a bit jealous how much time I spend on ski trips since most of her schoolmates have parents who are working full-time and have to use vacation days just to do pick up duty.
Reply | Threaded
|

Johnnyonthespot
I don't rip, I bomb.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Ok Boomer memes all over IG now

Reply | Threaded
|

witch hobble
Last week I was hip, this week it’s all over the place.  I was just a week ahead of you guys.

Reminds me of a snowboarding joke from the 90s:

Q: What’s the difference between a snowboard instructor and their student?

A: About 3 days.
Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
witch hobble wrote
Last week I was hip, this week it’s all over the place.  I was just a week ahead of you guys.

Reminds me of a snowboarding joke from the 90s:

HA! How have I not heard that one before? It's awesome.
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
In reply to this post by witch hobble
witch hobble wrote
Yeah, I think that’s about when I first heard it too and it’s already lame. I’ve never seen something go from clever/cool to completely played out in a shorter amount of time. Millennials really know how to ruin shit fast. Fucking millennials
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
Speak for yourself Brownski, some of us are still living our best hot girl summer ever!
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by witch hobble
witch hobble wrote

That's great!!! I never heard that one either. Sure wish I had that one in my back pocket during my time at Smuggs. One of our house mate was a board instructor.
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
My teenagers have been throwing Boomer at me for going on probably six months now.  Never found it amusing or clever, although they probably weren’t using it in the most appropriate manner!
We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!
Reply | Threaded
|

Marcski
When I first saw it as a headline to an article 3 weeks or so ago, my first thought was Boomer Esiason?  Then, I read the article and found it amusing and clever.  But, it is nothing more than another way of saying that there has always been and always will be a clash between generations.  
1234 ... 6