Ok Boomer

88 messages Options
1234 ... 9
raisingarizona raisingarizona
Reply |
Open this post in threaded view

Ok Boomer

Matt posted a rebuttal in a thread to P-Tex the other day that simply said.....ok boomer.

I thought it was funny and a pretty good comeback regardless of my own opinion on whatever the subject was. I honestly don’t remember where it exactly was but anyways our local paper just published this article. I didn’t know this was such a big thing but I find it interesting.

https://azdailysun.com/news/national/what-ok-boomer-says-about-the-generational-divide/article_d3d54e41-557a-53e3-9f70-6c9a85668da5.html?utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook_Arizona_Daily_Sun
MC2 5678F589 MC2 5678F589
Reply |

Re: Ok Boomer

It wasn't me!

witch hobble wrote
Ok boomer
But yeah, it's a thing. I always preferred this classic when Boomers are being terrible:

but I guess "Ok Boomer" is the newer thing to say to them.

I like it. Direct, dismissive, and it just diminishes their opinions... usually opinions about a world that doesn't exist anymore. Oh you think that teenager should just get a summer job to pay for college? Ok Boomer.
Harvey Harvey
Reply |

From a Boomer:

I remember I worked all summer and cleared like $800 and used it for beer money and gas for the year.

Tuition and Board was 10k all in.  I was lucky my folks paid.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply |

billyymc billyymc
Reply |

In reply to this post by raisingarizona
I'm guessing it's from millenials who's parents still pay for their cell phone plans.
MC2 5678F589 MC2 5678F589
Reply |

billyymc wrote
I'm guessing it's from millenials who's parents still pay for their cell phone plans.
Ooh, someone has a gripe. You still paying for your kids' cell phones, billy?
campgottagopee campgottagopee
Reply |

In reply to this post by raisingarizona
I thought that was clever as well. I also didn't know it was a thing. Witchy is so hip.
Reply |

Telemark Dave Telemark Dave
Reply |

Great movie!   oh wait am minute,  that makes me a boomer!  

oh, and hey, I have two millenial sons...., finished college, and outtamyhouse !

Best comment ever, was my oldest son back when he was a teenager, telling Bonnie and I to grow up and act our age!  I've been on friggen' cloud nine ever since.   I heart being a boomer.  House paid for, cars paid for, owing nada.   Aside from work (which is pretty informal),  I can ski, peddle, or paddle anytime and for as long as I want to.  End of boomer rant.
witch hobble witch hobble
Reply |

It blurs generational lines. I think it cuts even deeper when said to somebody like me (gen xer who is just coming to terms with how I’m creeping closer to my expiration date) than to an actual boomer.

I do like you guys thinking I’m hip and all, but it’s really just from having a college kid and a high school kid (gen zers) and trying to stay aware.....if not necessarily relevant.
1234 ... 9