Opening Day

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Opening Day

Milo Maltbie
It's after Labor Day, so it's time for an opening day prediction thread.  I'll start.

Gore and Whiteface will open for the weekend of November 23 & 24, the re-open for the season the day after Thanksgiving (November 29).

Hunter will open the day after Thanksgiving, Belleayre and Windham will open one week later.

mm
"Everywhere I turn, here I am." Susan Tedeschi
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Opening Day

MC2 5678F589
I hope the optimistic posts in this thread come with a bunch of knocking on wood.

We haven't had a late start to the season in a while. Killington has managed to pull off the World Cup every year. I say we've been getting kinda lucky.

Pessimistically, I say Gore & Whiteface have to push the opening back to December 7-8, we have a couple of cold weeks, then we get a brutal warmup in early January that forces a bunch of mountains to close. Then we limp through a cold, but relatively snowless, February before March finally delivers some snow (after everyone has quit on the season).

Just a guess, based on "balance". By having a pessimistic attitude, I will set myself up to be happily surprised and I'll make sure to fully embrace every good day that we get (especially early season).
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
This post was updated on .
I think the southern mts (Cats, SVT) will have the biggest season in years...we are due for real winter...
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
JasonWx wrote
 .we are do for real winter...
I think this as well

The nice thing about being a deer hunter is no other winter sports even enter my mind until the end of December
Reply | Threaded
|

Marcski
In reply to this post by JasonWx
JasonWx wrote
I think the southern mts (Cats, SVT) will have the biggest season in years...we are due for real winter...
From your mouth to powder on the slopes, Jason....  My fingers are crossed!