classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
14 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Orange Netting on The High Line (Gore)

YUKON CORNELIUS
This post was updated on .
Said orange netting was new this weekend and a big topic of conversation. Probably has potential to send folks the wrong way around it and out into trouble if they're not careful.

The woods were fun, but a lot of lines once they were skied by one person they were done. I was one of the first 5 through a glade on Saturday and hit something hard following a friend. Head almost met tree.

Other spots lasted a bit longer and IMO some of the lower glades were the place to be. *cough* SKI BOWL *cough*

We can always use MORE snow.
"This is pure snow! Do you have any idea what the street value of this mountain is?"
frk
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: NoMo

frk
any more orange netting going up? there will be lots of discussion if the back country is shut off. i'm already trying to spot a another entry way. why not just make it an official glade?
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
In reply to this post by YUKON CORNELIUS
YUKON CORNELIUS wrote
potential to send folks the wrong way
That was the discussion among the men in black.

Thinking back to the incident from 3 (?) years ago, the skiers who got lost on Presidents Week.  After the SAR interview... I don't think there was any way those people would have tried to get around that netting.

That's all I can figure.

IMO you can't (easily) put that area on the map. Too many opportunities to see a fresh line and end up in trouble.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

YUKON CORNELIUS
Harvey44 wrote
YUKON CORNELIUS wrote
potential to send folks the wrong way
That was the discussion among the men in black.

Thinking back to the incident from 3 (?) years ago, the skiers who got lost on Presidents Week.  After the SAR interview... I don't think there was any way those people would have tried to get around that netting.

That's all I can figure.

IMO you can't (easily) put that area on the map. Too many opportunities to see a fresh line and end up in trouble.
Hopefully no one tries to go in a little "higher" up the trail. I think (?) that's how the folks got into trouble a few years ago.
"This is pure snow! Do you have any idea what the street value of this mountain is?"
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Precisely.

http://nyskiblog.com/point-of-exit/
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Orange Netting on The High Line (Gore)

YUKON CORNELIUS
^ Great re-post. It's probably worth the reminder to folks every now and again.
Reply | Threaded
|

skimore
In reply to this post by Harvey
Harvey44 wrote
I've always wondered if that drainage stays as open as the entrance thru its entirety. Have you skied it?
Reply | Threaded
|

freeheeln
In reply to this post by Harvey
i agree harv route 8 is along way away if you venture too far right.short of running a rope for miles or a big "you are here dont go here or else end up here" map
Tele turns are optional not mandatory.
Reply | Threaded
|

freeheeln
In reply to this post by skimore
that drainage runs away from the mountain and roads.the orange net is now obscured by cut evergreens. rope with closed sign still hangs in front of it.thoughts of running a line much lower to keep from slipping down the wrong side but maintaining access a topic of discussion. rumors or lies of a trail camera being told  
Tele turns are optional not mandatory.
Reply | Threaded
|

telerider
Isn't this glade called "Grim Reaper" for said reasons..?
Reply | Threaded
|

skimore
In reply to this post by freeheeln
freeheeln wrote
 rumors or lies of a trail camera being told
that would serve what purpose
frk
Reply | Threaded
|

frk
entrance to such trails used to be well hidden but aggressive snowmaking has destroyed many trees along trails edge exposing the goods. i'm sickened to think that these trails might be walled off.
Reply | Threaded
|

Spongeworthy
In reply to this post by freeheeln
freeheeln wrote
Without getting into the particulars of what would be required, I don't think they could pull that off. They can barely operate a web site.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." Oscar Gamble
Reply | Threaded
|

YUKON CORNELIUS
Spongeworthy wrote
freeheeln wrote
Without getting into the particulars of what would be required, I don't think they could pull that off. They can barely operate a web site.
+1 HAHAHAHAHA!

Although, those hunting cams you can strap to a tree are pretty cheap... They do not usually work well (or the batteries drain really quickly) in the cold.