Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Over to the Darkside: Fuje goes Tele

Harvey
Administrator
This post was updated on .
freeheeln wrote
the plus side of rain is that the snow is soft. started raining early 10ish steadily got harder. no chair rides today stayed in the comfort of a dry cabin to the top. tele fujative sighting today, he looks like he s picking up another facet in total mountain style. going to be a very tough holiday week for the mountain
Fuje will be a rockin teleskier if he gets into it.  We were talking last night and he said he was going to tele today, but wasn't too jazzed about the weather. I had the same thought as you freeheeln... many times the day it rains "conditions" are better than the days that follow.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Gore Conditions

K man
Go Fugie, "telefugative".  
pouring rain Wed., mix bag forecast for Thursday night, no snow in my yard in Queensbury...it is looking pretty dismal for the holiday week.  The snowmakers are really fighting mother nature this year.  
Avitar=Left Gully, Tuckerman Ravine
No Fat Chicks, Just Fat Skis
Reply | Threaded
|

freeheeln
i even made tele turns the entire run,felt obligated to fuj to show  him that i do know how
Tele turns are optional not mandatory.
Reply | Threaded
|

tBatt
In reply to this post by K man
freeheeln wrote
i even made tele turns the entire run,felt obligated to fuj to show  him that i do know how
It's true, he did!

Harv is right. I'm already a pro, actually. Signed up for the 2012 Olympic games. [but Ted, there are no winter Olympics in 2012]. Right, I forgot to mention it's for the special Olympics.

Freeheeln, I was actually doing decent when you weren't watching! I promise!

Miker is forcing me to go up tomorrow. Looks like the snow is gonna be pretty dense. Unfortunately, exactly what we'll need. Don't think I'll be tele though.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Over to the Darkside: Fuje goes Tele

freeheeln
This post was updated on .
you looked good from what i saw. next time i ll follow you and see if i can keep up
Reply | Threaded
|

Adk Jeff
Fuj, you should come out Wednesday nights to West.  Come to think of it you should too Freeheelin' - it's been a while.
Reply | Threaded
|

tBatt
Haha I don't actually have a tele setup yet though!
Weds nights, huh? I have class at ACC until 7. That may work out.
Reply | Threaded
|

freeheeln
I would love to do wed nite again . Tuff to fit in my schedule, I have wed off spend the day up to gore start work very early thurs morn. Do miss hangin with that crowd real good time.highly recommend wed nite west to everyone great way to pick up ur game or just stay on it.kman how long has that been goin on? 20 something years? Probly before fuj was born!
Reply | Threaded
|

K man
Must be 20, maybe more.  It started back in the leather and skinny days as a mid week break for those that aren't couch potatoes.
Avitar=Left Gully, Tuckerman Ravine
No Fat Chicks, Just Fat Skis
Reply | Threaded
|

Adk Jeff
K man wrote
Must be 20, maybe more.  It started back in the leather and skinny days as a mid week break for those that aren't couch potatoes.
I've been going for 20 years and it was already well established when I started going.
Reply | Threaded
|

freeheeln
i m gonna guess 87 or 88 is when we started that wed nite thing