classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
15 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Park City: New Brand for US Largest Ski Resort

Harvey
Administrator
PARK CITY ANNOUNCES NEW BRAND FOR LARGEST SKI RESORT IN THE U.S.

• Park City and Canyons resorts to combine to create largest ski resort in U.S.

• $50 million in capital improvements to combine the resorts and upgrade infrastructure

• Combined resort will be branded Park City with new tagline “There is only one. Park City.”

PARK CITY, UT (July 29, 2015) – Today resort leadership officially combined the Park City and Canyons brands into one, under the name Park City, with a new logo combining the Canyons insignia with the Park City color palette, and the tag line “There is only one. Park City.”

“We are honored to have the community’s support today as we unveil the new Park City brand,” said Park City’s chief operating officer, Bill Rock. “The tag line ‘There is only one’ is perfect because there is no place else like Park City. The town is already universally celebrated as one of the best ski destinations in the world and now will be home to the largest ski resort in the United States. We should all be proud of this mountain and this community as we invite the world to experience the combined resort during the upcoming 2015-16 winter season.”

The linking of Park City and Canyons is part of a $50-million capital improvement project which will transform the two resorts into one and complete a number of critical upgrades to the infrastructure. The project is one of the most ambitious and impactful capital programs in U.S. ski industry history and will create the largest ski resort in the United States with over 7,300 acres of skiable terrain.

Existing brand elements from both resorts combine to create the new logo, pairing Park City’s name and iconic red with the current Canyons symbol and font treatment. The resort’s new tagline, “There is only one. Park City.” accompanies the new logo and brand positioning.

Park City also announced the names of the new interconnect gondola and Snow Hut restaurant. The new gondola will be named Quicksilver. The eight-passenger, high-speed two-way gondola will transport guests from the base of the existing Silverlode Lift at Park City to the Flatiron Lift at Canyons. The new restaurant, located at the base of the Silverlode Lift, will be called Miners Camp. It will accommodate 500 indoor seats and a top-of-the-line kitchen that will enhance the overall quality of the guest dining experience. The current Canyons base area will now be called Canyons Village at Park City. Canyons Village will be a gateway to America’s largest ski resort as guests navigate 300 diverse trails.

The combined Resort’s new website is live at parkcitymountain.com. Social media will continue under the current Park City channels. For the best value on skiing and riding Park City during the 2015-16 season, visit www.epicpass.com to purchase an Epic Local Pass.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Park City: New Brand for US Largest Ski Resort

snoloco
The Canyons name and branding is no more.  They used the Canyons orange swirl logo with the Park City name.  Just so you know, this is the 6th name that what was The Canyons had.  All of it's names are listed below from earliest to most current.

Park City West
Parkwest
Wolf Mountain
The Canyons
Canyons Resort
Park City
I've lived in New York my entire life.
Reply | Threaded
|

Benny Profane
Now they just have to do a pow wow with the local Mormon elders about talking to the Big Guy about more snow at both. All the branding in the world can't fix that.
funny like a clown
Reply | Threaded
|

ml242
Utah has been Vailed.
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
I just knew you'd post something like that Coach!!
I've lived in New York my entire life.
Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
In reply to this post by Z
Coach Z wrote
 HAHA! The Coach hates Park City!

I was never interested to ski there. It does look like a poorly planned ski area and imperfect mountain for skiing but I would be lying if I said that all of this hype doesn't have me a little interested.

It can't be all bad........right?
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
It's way worse than you can imagine

It's takes well over an hour and 5 to 6 lift rides to get to the two semi interesting terrain pods both of which have long run outs

The bottom section is all on poorly blown snow.  A lift ticket is well over $85.  The town has like one cool street and the rest is like a strip mall.

This place gives Utah a bad name.

The only positive is that the crappy skiing crowd seems to love it keeping them out of LCC

Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
I like Park City. I think it's a great town (not many ski towns are so legit that they have a lift coming out of a real, genuine village), and I like both The Canyons and Park City. Hell, I like Deer Valley, too (I was there 4 days after a storm and there was powder all over the mountain - nobody skis off trail there!).

It only seems shitty in comparison because it's next to BCC and LCC. They get 350 inches of snow a year, have some of the best restaurants in Utah, and have legitimate terrain (that isn't THAT much of a pain to get to). If it was in the east, it'd be the greatest mountain on this side of the Mississippi. You just have to adjust your expectations down if you come over from LCC.
Reply | Threaded
|

Benny Profane
I actually planned to retire there, way back then, with the ex. Located right between the LCC and BCC ski hils to the south, and Snowbasin and Powder Mountain to the north, about an hour 15 both ways. Deer Valley, as mentioned, is awesome on a powder day, and, at the time, was real cheap, midweek, believe it or not. Town is OK, by ski town standards. Hell, compared to the rest of Utah, Sin City, with plenty of eating and drinking, and even Sundance is cool, if you score good tickets. Short drive to a major airport down a not too steep interstate (it ain't I70, that's for sure). Good golf, too. Five hours north is Jackson Hole and Yellowstone and the Tetons, five hours south is Moab and the awesome red rock canyon country.

Alas, I retired to Ct., divorced.

How did that happen?
funny like a clown
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
Benny Profane wrote
How did that happen?
Your endearing personality
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
Might have been your penchant for wacky weed?
Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
Coach Z wrote
Might have been your penchant for wacky weed?
Huh? He wasn't sharing?
Reply | Threaded
|

I:)skiing
Not going to argue with Coach...you can point out things that are bad with Park City/Canyons.    

However, given the opportunity, I'd move there well before Vail and yes, maybe even before Telluride--the most awesome ski area/town.    Bottom line, sometimes bigger is better for both skiing and the town.    Then add in all the skiing around it.    

I will be heading there, maybe even teaching there.     My buddy just advised his son is heading in Oct to start there as a snowboard instructor.    I was offered a job there last year, but they changed the terms before I got on the plane.    2 weeks later they begged me back, but too late.    Best part...Vail owns it so you can ski your butt off in lots of other places free.      
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
I'd much rather teach in Vail or Aspen where the real money is and the skiing is so much better.

If you want to teach in Utah Deer Valley would be the place from what I hear