Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Perplexed.

Ethan Snow
In reply to this post by Harvey
Harvey wrote
Ethan what is the original image?
Marcski wrote
In fact, I'm not even sure that there was ever an actual bridge there. It could have been just proposed and added to that map where you found it, Ethan. I can poke around and ask some questions if you'd like.
The picture came directly off Google Earth, and it's pretty obvious there's something there. Looks a helluva lot like a bridge to me. It's not a "map" it's an actual image. You can look back on the old images on Google Earth. This one claims to be from 1998.

Said house is also in this image on the left circled in orange.

We can scroll back as far as 1993 and it looks like a significant amount of forestry and excavation took place for the proposed development. If you hike around in there during the summer, you can see man hole covers for electrical, sewage and plumbing that were put in place. They really did come a long way before failing to finish the project. this photo is pretty blurry, but if you look closely, you can see the bridge in this image as well. The house however, does not appear to be there yet. There does appear to be a clearing for it however.

Now lets scroll forward to the most recent imagry taken in 2015. You can see the roads are growing in and the bridge is clearly gone but the house is still visible.

I'll take boilerplate ice over wet snow any day
Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
If infrastructure was already put in for sewer and electric it seems like there is some money to be made building houses.    That is a pretty heavy upfront cost.  
Reply | Threaded
|

Ethan Snow
Not sure how much of it is up to date or adequate, but it is there.
Reply | Threaded
|

Thehof
Rumor I once heard was that getting into real estate development was the down fall of the previous owners. Don’t remember who said it. Was long time ago. I’am just glad Lazlo concentrates on the skiing business.
"No Falls=No Bslls
Reply | Threaded
|

Ethan Snow
That's right. I've heard the same thing, and it makes sense. Obviously a lot of money was spent on that development. Sounds similar to Greek Peak. What is mind boggling to me about both scenarios is why they actually chose to file for bankruptcy.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Ethan Snow wrote
That's right. I've heard the same thing, and it makes sense. Obviously a lot of money was spent on that development. Sounds similar to Greek Peak. What is mind boggling to me about both scenarios is why they actually chose to file for bankruptcy.
Ain't it amazing!