Places to stay near Gore?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
29 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Places to stay near Gore?

zach
It has always been my view that if you are going skiing you should stay as close to the mountain as possible. When it comes to Gore that means in "downtown" North Creek or Black Mountain in suburban Bakers Mills. Black Mountain is solid but I would stay at the Alpine in North Creek. It was nicely renovated a few years ago by an experienced inn keeping couple and it is next door to Bar Vino which has awesome food and drink and live bands at times. The additional upside to the Alpine is that if you park in front you can also get cell service!
Reply | Threaded
|

Danzilla
Call Broderick Real Estate.  They have a small apartment called the lemon drop on the second floor of their building on the corner of main and 28N.  It is a nice cozy spot.  Not sure what they charge but it is walkable into town and to the ski bowl if you want to cross 28.  I think it sleeps 4.

If you are looking for a bigger place (ie house) in town PM me.
Reply | Threaded
|

Goreskimom
When our home is rented, I stay at the Alpine Lodge.  It is really fun to be in town.  You can walk to stores and restaurants.  There is a shuttle to the mountain.  The place is fully renovated.  There is a large common room for guests to use.  I highly recommend the Black Mountain for food but I would never stay there if the Alpine Lodge had room for me.  Also, the Alpine has a variety of room configurations and some have small kitchens.  
Reply | Threaded
|

adkskier
This post was updated on .
Since the OP asked about "cheap" lodging, none of the B&B's and downtown North Creek lodgings apply. Here is the list of cheapest (or most affordable) lodgings in order and unbiased:

Northwind Motel
Inn on Gore
ValHaus
Black Mountain

All located within 5 minutes of Gore. Even if you can find less expensive out of town you'd probably make up the savings in increased fuel costs.

For someone who wants nice, the Alpine has the nicest motel rooms in town. Try one of the guys who support this blog with their ads if you want to rent a house or condo.
I Think, Therefore I Ski
Reply | Threaded
|

TomCat
I've stayed a the Northwind Lodge twice. Rooms are small, but clean. They provide a nice continental breakfast and I think a phone. The phone is nice since cell coverage is spotty to non existent. I would go back.

I've had dinner at the Inn on Gore mountain a few times. The food is very good. I don't know anything about the rooms.

I've also rented a cabin at dillon hill. Very nice for an extended stay.

tom
Reply | Threaded
|

jimvdak
Thanks adkskier..always like some options. and yes, cheap is totally the key right now. haha
*~It is better to go skiing and think of God, than go to church and think of sport.~*  -Fridtjof Nansen
Reply | Threaded
|

Snowballs
Banned User
jimvdak wrote
Thanks adkskier..always like some options. and yes, cheap is totally the key right now. haha
Always is. That way you can afford to ski even more !  
Reply | Threaded
|

Mi Skier
I stayed in Queensbury last year at the Ramada Inn for $59 a night through Price Line. The rooms were clean but dated. It took maybe 1/2 hour tops to get to the main parking lot at Gore. There were plenty of places to eat on the other side of I-87.
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
I've always stayed in the Lake George Hampton Inn, or Holiday Inn Resort when I ski Gore.  My dad is on their points system.  It works well for us.
I've lived in New York my entire life.