Places with the most snow in NY.

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Places with the most snow in NY.

rfarren
I was trying to look up the places with the most snow in NY. I came across McCauly Mountain. They say on their website that they average 280 inches a year, and some years they get 400. Is that true? Has anyone skied there?
Rob
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Places with the most snow in NY.

JasonWx
small place only 633 vert..looks like they get hammered with LES
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

tBatt
A few people I know have been there, but never been personally.  

Cockaigne gets a LOT too.

Cockaigne wrote
Cockaigne Ski Area is a family ski area located in western New York’s snow belt. Located 18 miles from Lake Erie with a base elevation 1100 feet higher than the lake, Cockaigne receives an average 275 inches of snowfall. Cockaigne combination of slopes (300 feet wide) and New England style trails (15 feet wide) combined with longest run of 3600 feet provide abundant snow time for the whole family.

http://www.cockaigne.com/

Reply | Threaded
|

sudsnbumps

When the lake effect machine is going I can't imagine anyone in the state getting more snow than these guys.  I used to ski here often back in college.  They claim an average 230"+/-  with a record of 374"  although others claim more
Proud to call Gore My Home Mountain
Covid stole what would have been my longest season ever!
I'll be back
Reply | Threaded
|

Frozen Forever
In reply to this post by rfarren
Did a half-dozen races at McCauley over the years.  They do get quite a bit of snow, comparable to Snow Ridge (and on a better hill).  But from my experiences there,  claiming 280" seems to be pushing it.