Plattekill - St. Paddy's Day SPECIALS

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
11 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Plattekill - St. Paddy's Day SPECIALS

Big D
Noticed on Plattekill's website that passholders from other area's get a "FREE ticket if you have a 2011/12 season pass to another mtn." on St. Platty's day:

from the website:
TOP 10 REASONS TO COME TO "ST PLATTY'S DAY" :
1. Spring Rates $30
2. FREE ticket if you have a 2011/12 season pass to another mtn 
3. St Platty's Day T-shirts
4. Green Beer & Delicious BBQ
5. Bumpin Blockbuster Mogul Competition
6. Shamrock Hunt
7. Live Music & Beach Party on deck
8. Cornbeef & Cabbage Dinner
9. LOTS OF SUNSHINE 10....this might be the last weekend @ Platty for 2011-12 winter
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Plattekill - St. Paddy's Day SPECIALS

JasonWx
This post was updated on .
why does platt and hunter give free or steeply discounted tkts to  other mt pass holders and charge their loyal customers?
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

Big D
All I know is that 2 years ago, I skied Camelback in PA when they offered a Free lift ticket late season to passholders from other areas... It did seem like they were hoping people would like their ski area and consider buying a seasons pass there instead.
Reply | Threaded
|

Cornhead
In reply to this post by JasonWx
  They're hoping to turn them into loyal "costumers" so they can then dick them over. It's like when you work somewhere for awhile, then they hire someone for the same, or more, than you are making. Happens all the time.

Looks like I may have to try to sell one of my remaining vouchers, unless I can carry it over till next year. If not, I'll loose a grand total of $18.75. I think they more or less bumped up their "Season Passholder Weekend", since it's unlikely they'll be open after this weekend. Big D, call me if you'd rather go to Platty instead of Greek. The bus leaves Binghamton at 6:30. Picking up my Bro at that time.

P.S.  I will be wearing a green anorak tomorrow, so I guess I'll be a "costumer".
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
In reply to this post by JasonWx
Other mountains do it too. I guess that's capitalism. It only hurts the passholder if he/she feels that what others pay affects the value of what they bought.

Another way to look at it - as a passholder I want my mountain to stay open as many days as possible. If some free ticket peeps who wouldn't be there otherwise -  spend money on food, beer or rentals - and the mountain stays open a little longer, or makes a little more money, it could be in my best interest. Belleayre BOGOs may be another story.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Cornhead
  Or, another way to look at it, you always treat the girl you're pursuing great, it isn't till you're married that you treat her like $hit. Speaking from personal experience only.
Reply | Threaded
|

ml242
I think Plattekill did it originally last year as bragging rights for staying open later than other hills. That way it really pushes people to rethink their pass choices. I guess it does that anyway because people who buy passes tend not to travel / know what they're missing. I love the discounted tickets though and hope people make it up there!
Reply | Threaded
|

Cornhead
  Big D, my Brother, and I will be at Plattekill tomorrow. Should I make an "H" out of tape on my back so you'll know it's me? I'll be wearing a green anorak, that oughta stick out on St. Paddy's day, huh. If you see a fat, bald guy cooking spiedies in the parking lot, say "Hi", it's me. If you don't know what a spiedie is, welcome to the Southern Tier.

Hey Harv, do you know if Blockbuster will be closed for the mogul comp? I was at Gore once during theirs, I don't think they shut down the trail. I think it was on lower Hawkeye. Sure will enjoy Platty more if I can ski it.

I have an extra voucher if anyone wants to go that isn't a season pass holder, $20. If not, I'll attempt to sell it at the hill. Should be easy, they're asking $30.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Cornhead wrote
Big D, my Brother, and I will be at Plattekill tomorrow. Should I make an "H" out of tape on my back so you'll know it's me? I'll be wearing a green anorak, that oughta stick out on St. Paddy's day, huh. If you see a fat, bald guy cooking spiedies in the parking lot, say "Hi", it's me. If you don't know what a spiedie is, welcome to the Southern Tier.

Hey Harv, do you know if Blockbuster will be closed for the mogul comp? I was at Gore once during theirs, I don't think they shut down the trail. I think it was on lower Hawkeye. Sure will enjoy Platty more if I can ski it.
Can't you cook those spiedies on the deck? Suren Begorra.

Bump comp starts at 1pm and I gotta believe the course will be open. The traffic will be good for it, I'm guessing and we NEED you to take one for the team. You entering?

Going to be outta control weird for me to drive 3+ hours each way to Roxbury to sit on the deck, but WTF it's already been documented - I'm insane.  Will probably ride the lift, and see if I can take a few pics.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
In reply to this post by Cornhead
Txt from Laszlo:

"Block open all day, shuttle rides from the triple."

(I'm sure Just Do It is gone).
Reply | Threaded
|

Cornhead
Suren Begora? I Googled it, I'm still not sure what it means..By God, for God's sake? Am I correct? Me? ski in a bump contest, HA, HA, HA...now that'd be funny. I know someone from Alpinezone who might be interested, ShredderofGnar. He's a great bump skier, for an old man, JK. He lives in Albany, I met him at Jay last April. I ran into him on Clair's at Hunter this year. He was standing in the middle of the trail leaning on his poles, facing uphill. I stopped, looked at him, and said, "Hey, don't I know you?"

I suppose I could cook them on the deck. Are you experienced? I mean, have you had spiedies before? I've got chicken and pork, straight from Lupo's. Maybe I should have bought more. Glad to hear Blockbuster will be accessible to the general public, keeps me from entering the contest! Seriously, I'll look for you on the deck. Will you be limping? Crutches? I will be wearing a green anorak, shaven head bald, goatee, about 240lbs...that'd probably be me...or Steve Austin.