Plattekill Work Day

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
13 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Plattekill Work Day

onscott
Nice day in the Plattekill woods with some NYS ski blog members and others.  I think we had 14 or so people - impressive turnout for some fairly hard work!  Thanks especially to Laszlo and his crew - lunch and a lift ticket were more than just compensation for the freedom to put a permanent signature on his mountain.

Special thanks to the man with the chain saw - he helped my wife create her own little (gnarly) line through the trees.  Not sure it's even ski-able (she only does X-C, not downhill) but I told her that eventually some teenagers will go down it and rave about how "sick" it was LOL!

We now have a new "drop in" called "****" - can't disclose the real name as one member said "as soon as we start naming trails people will start asking for directions".  Best quote of the day.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Plattekill Work Day

Harvey
Administrator

Thanks for chipping in onscott!
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
In reply to this post by onscott
onscott wrote
Nice day in the Plattekill woods...

We now have a new "drop in" called "****" - can't disclose the real name as one member said "as soon as we start naming trails people will start asking for directions".  Best quote of the day.
Sounds like a smart guy to me!
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
frk
Reply | Threaded
|

frk
Best weather yet for workday. It's amazing how much work can be done by about a dozen plus glade fanatics drooling for winter. The woods looked like a plague of locusts had ravaged them. Everyone is excited to return once the snow commences. Loppers rule! Hope to meet this army of loppers again this winter.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
frk wrote
Best weather yet for workday. It's amazing how much work can be done by about a dozen plus glade fanatics drooling for winter. The woods looked like a plague of locusts had ravaged them. Everyone is excited to return once the snow commences. Loppers rule! Hope to meet this army of loppers again this winter.
Nice. How often is the workday weather a dream and then it pours the next day.

frk hoping to turn with you this year bro.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Massive turnout today. 53 lopper wield hounds!
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
A lot got done today. Unfortunately I had to leave before beers
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
Here’s my contribution to the record- great day. Huge crowd of folks filled with stoke. Bring on the snow

frk
Reply | Threaded
|

frk
In reply to this post by Brownski
I’m not sure the beer arrived. I left after 4 and thirsts hadn’t been slaked yet. I remember the first year clearing glades here. We were ecstatic about creating a 15-20 swath. The forest floor now looks manicured. Now if we could just pad some of those catskill Devonian rocks....
Reply | Threaded
|

Romanski
This post was updated on .
Many thanks to all who turned out for yesterday's epic glade clearing - we had bluebird skies and a record attendance! It was great to see old friends and meet new folks, and everyone paid it forward by giving back to the mountain we love. Beer was eventually served, so if I didn't see you there hopefully we'll catch up upstairs apres ski this season. Posting some pics from yesterday below. Think snow!

Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
This post was updated on .
Romanski wrote
Many thanks to all who turned out for yesterday's epic glade clearing - we had bluebird skies and a record attendance! It was great to see old friends and meet new folks, and everyone paid it forward by giving back to the mountain we love. Beers were eventually served, so if I didn't see you there hopefully we'll catch up upstairs apres ski this season. Posting some pics from yesterday below. Think snow!

Nice!

I see beerz?

Come Jan 11 and NYSB will buy.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
In reply to this post by Brownski
Brownski wrote
Reply | Threaded
|

Marcski
Well done and kudos to everyone who was there.  Looks like great work!