6 messages Options
Z
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Plattsburgh

Z
P'burg lands $38M from the Gov

http://www.mynbc5.com/article/plattsburgh-international-airport-awarded-dollar38m-for-expansion-plan/8587996

I'm glad to see that this mostly focuses on things that can help business develop in the North Country.  Not sure they really need a customs facility though.  

They have spend a shit ton on that airport and everytime I fly from there there are like 10 people in a terminal that is way too big for the 5 or so flights a day that come thru.  The TSA guys are bored out of their mind I think.  The focus needs to be on getting some real main line airlines to fly here to hub cities so that you can actually go somewhere besides Florida.
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Plattsburgh

D.B. Cooper
Maybe they can be a hub so Potsdam can connect with Tremblant or Killington.  Sno would be on board.
Sent from the driver's seat of my car while in motion.
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
This post was updated on .
In reply to this post by Z
I love the town of Plattsburgh. Unfortunately I think they need something other then a good airport in order to really ignite the economy. More going on then a lot of upstate though. I'm pulling for the area.
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Reply | Threaded
|

x10003q
What a flush of $38 million. This is on top of a $55 million renovation of the passenger terminal. Somebody is really convinced that Canadians (Montreal is about 70 miles) are going to risk a border stop in order to catch a flight.
Reply | Threaded
|

D.B. Cooper
At $1.35 CAD to get a U.S. dollar, that must have been some sales pitch.
Sent from the driver's seat of my car while in motion.
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
The traffic getting to Dorval makes a good case for Plattsburgh.  Drive around that parking lot and probably 2/3's of the lisc plates are Canuck
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time