Pond aeration

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
9 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Pond aeration

campgottagopee
Anyone have a pond that they have put a aerator in? I just bought this for mine. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00H4DABYQ/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Pretty psyched to get it installed. It's taken me a couple of years to convince myself it worth it. Hopefully it is --- lol
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Pond aeration

scrundy
Geez like I could get a new pair of skis for that.
Never heard of a pond aerator and wondering why you think you need one? What are the benefits of one? I have a man made pond but at this point needs dredging bad.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
scrundy wrote
Geez like I could get a new pair of skis for that.

I know!! Believe me that's why it took me so long to pull the trigger, but what the hell.

scrundy wrote

but at this point needs dredging bad.
By adding oxygen into the water the weeds/algae/pond scum can't grow. I'm doing this for a few reasons. #1 I have 2 labs and they stink to holy hell after they get out of this pond. Getting rid of the algae etc will help this. #2 I'd also like to swim in it and this aerator is a helluva lot cheaper than a pool. #3 my bass will be happier
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
In reply to this post by campgottagopee
interesting stuff
having a bass pond is real cool
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
It's a blast

Stocked it earlier this year ---- beerZ and catchin bass at home is a riot
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Update:

It's been 3ish weeks since I installed my aerator. So far I'm very impressed with how it's working. The algae and weeds have all moved to the outside of the pond, and the weeds are no longer rooted. No roots = they will die off and decay. My pond is about 8" low right now so I'm hopeful that once it's full again the weeds/algae will go right out the overflow.

I will say my bass are loving this. They are extremely active. Yesterday AM one damn near jumped right out of the water to take my lure. Good times.

Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
Do you wipe your bass in the pond, do you kiss your bass, how about kicking bass. Enquiring minds need to know these things.
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Reply | Threaded
|

D.B. Cooper
Sent from the driver's seat of my car while in motion.