Posh Primitive

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
26 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Posh Primitive

campgottagopee
"John & Rachael Shafer bring you Posh Primitive...luxury camping in the great Adirondacks of northern New York. A place where you can do it all...or do nothing at all. Whether you're looking to get back to nature or just decompress from your hectic life, you've found paradise here at Posh Primitive. Book your escape now!"

http://www.poshprimitive.com/#prettyPhoto

Why does this make me think of craft beer ----- fancy campin LOL

I'll take beer flavored beer and bug bites

I give these folks credit for thinking outside the box, but certainly isn't my cup of tea.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Posh Primitive

x10003q
campgottagopee wrote
"John & Rachael Shafer bring you Posh Primitive...luxury camping in the great Adirondacks of northern New York. A place where you can do it all...or do nothing at all. Whether you're looking to get back to nature or just decompress from your hectic life, you've found paradise here at Posh Primitive. Book your escape now!"

http://www.poshprimitive.com/#prettyPhoto

Why does this make me think of craft beer ----- fancy campin LOL

I'll take beer flavored beer and bug bites

I give these folks credit for thinking outside the box, but certainly isn't my cup of tea.
Admit it - you have booked reservations already despite your dislike of tea 
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
In reply to this post by campgottagopee
Interesting concept.  Pretty pricey.....
We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by x10003q
U got me!!

That damn tent is nicer than our deer camp ---- by a lot!
Reply | Threaded
|

CapnJazzHands
In reply to this post by campgottagopee
I knew it was only a matter of time before the curated artisan hand crafted olde-timey camping experience would be made available to the discerning dimwit demographic.  I suppose campers can finally make use of their designer urban axes before they go out of style: http://www.nexthipstertrend.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/hipsteraxe.jpg 

Reply | Threaded
|

billyymc
CapnJazzHands wrote
I knew it was only a matter of time before the curated artisan hand crafted olde-timey camping experience would be made available to the discerning dimwit demographic.  I suppose campers can finally make use of their designer urban axes before they go out of style: http://www.nexthipstertrend.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/hipsteraxe.jpg
This is joke, yes?
Reply | Threaded
|

Thehof
Capitalism at its best. The American Dream of small business. I really hope they kick butt and make lots of dough.
"No Falls=No Bslls
Reply | Threaded
|

billyymc
Thehof wrote
Capitalism at its best. The American Dream of small business. I really hope they kick butt and make lots of dough.
You know, if it gets people outdoors who might not have otherwise been there, and lets someone else have a decent business to provide that service, I"m all for it. I know people who would totally love this.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
I was thinking of starting a "Glamping" business in the ADKs. I gave it up when I realized how much work I'd have to put into it just for the chance to cater after rich people's every whim. No thanks.
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
This is over the top
Life ain't a dress rehearsal: Spread enthusiasm , avoid negative nuts.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
This post was updated on .
These guys reached out to me a few years ago about some kind of relationship. Just didn't see a fit:

https://camporenda.com/
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

skimore
Those look too rough for this bunch. Especially the dude roaming around in his tweed duds

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/nation-july-dec13-doomsday_10-25/

Reply | Threaded
|

Johnnyonthespot
This post was updated on .
Gee, I wonder if the word "nestled" is on any of those websites.
I don't rip, I bomb.
Reply | Threaded
|

skimore
In reply to this post by Harvey
Some of those look like they are on side of a hill. They should probably put in escalators and grade that
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
Hmmm - don't you still have to shit in an outhouse.
I much prefer digging a cat hole and sleeping in my hammock.
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by Harvey
Harvey wrote
These guys reached out to me a few years ago about some kind of relationship. Just didn't see a fit:

https://camporenda.com/
OMG!!

I wish my grandfather was still alive. I'd love to see his reaction after watching that video....what a hoot!
Reply | Threaded
|

Chris
It's a great idea, get people outdoors. Not everyone's cup of tea but kudos to those folks bringing new people into the park and also for taking a leap into business in the Adirondacks. It's a pretty romantic idea and hope they both do well
The day begins...  Your mountain awaits.
Reply | Threaded
|

I:)skiing
Not a novel idea, but one that may be new to ADK.    

I wish them luck.    At $175/night, I thought that was reasonable and a good business model, but then I saw it was PP....OK ?   Maybe for a special meal(s), but then I read breakfast and dinner were family style.    Nothing wrong with family style meals, but at when you are paying about $100 for that meal, I don't see the promise.  

ALMOST booked one of these out west for my then wife.  Price was about 350/night if I recall.   Cat drive up in early evening,  exclusive dinner for two, wine, breakfast, lift ticket and true first tracks.   She was not interested when I floated the idea.   Oh well.    
Reply | Threaded
|

CapnJazzHands
In reply to this post by billyymc
I'm afraid not. I don't really mean to be such a hater, but my old neighborhood got overrun with this "live an authentic old-timey life through the purchase of things" nonsense, and I had to cross 2 rivers and a state line to get away. Oh and they priced me out.
Reply | Threaded
|

billyymc
I have to confess I didn't read the website because it seemed like a waste of my time. I just saw the "tent" and figured it was a place for some yuppies to "rough it" then go home to Long Island or Connecticut and tell their friends about it.