classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
39 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Post Your Best "Cliff Drop"

JTG4eva!
This post was updated on .
In honor of GR, and so we can figure out who should hit up the Extreme comp........post your best "cliff" drop!

I gotta see if I have anything better from a previous season, but I'll go with this one for now.  I'll try and capture something better this weekend!

While not terribly impressive (ok, the least bit impressive), this is one of my favorite little spots on Upper Mac.  Gotta keep those hands forward.....
We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Post your best "Cliff Drop"

Glade Runner
Banned User
I hit a big one earlier in the woods at Burke but, no one took my pic.
Reply | Threaded
|

freeheeln
Glade Runner wrote
I hit a big one earlier in the woods at Burke but, no one took my pic.
no pic -didnt happen.
Tele turns are optional not mandatory.
Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona

This is of Fat Bastard or if aired off this particular take off sometimes called Smart Bastard. Micah Black was the first to ever hit this air, I was the second guy and it and it became a sort of warm up for me during the seasons of 2001 and 2002 before venturing further into the back country of Jackson Hole on any given day. I hit this line quite a bit for two years. In this shot I am barely getting off the take off, I cut a turn right before and it was much deeper than I thought it was going to be. I still skied out of the landing tho. I can still visualize watching the rocks practically kissing the tails of my skis on this one, it was a trip for sure.

here is a linky to a vid of myself hitting it once in 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1oXK5G3b6Y
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
RA's video embedded:
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
sig
Reply | Threaded
|

sig
In reply to this post by raisingarizona
winner winner chicken dinner
Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
sig wrote
No, no, no! I don't want to be the winner. I want to see everyone post their stoke and experience. I don't want my post to be a thread fu#$er. I respect everyone and their personal achievements or whatever we might call this silly stuff! More hucks, more hucks!

I just thought you guys might dig some stoke from a former Jersey/NY kid.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
raisingarizona wrote
sig wrote

No, no, no! I don't want to be the winner. I want to see everyone post their stoke and experience. I don't want my post to be a thread fu#$er. I respect everyone and their personal achievements or whatever we might call this silly stuff! More hucks, more hucks!

You're a good dude AZ

Nice drop BTW --- twas DOPE!
Reply | Threaded
|

YUKON CORNELIUS
NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICE!
"This is pure snow! Do you have any idea what the street value of this mountain is?"
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
Uh thats a wrap !!! dude that was EPIC. 😈
Life ain't a dress rehearsal: Spread enthusiasm , avoid negative nuts.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by campgottagopee
Who filmed that for you??
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
In reply to this post by sig
Ok....pipe down there, Nick Cage!  

Notice I asked for your best "Cliff Drop" (quotations emphasized).  We don't need no real, you know, cliff drops to put us to shame!!

Can I call unfair terrain advantage (even if I'd never be likely to hit that if it was available to me)?

All kidding aside......noice!!!!
We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!
Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
campgottagopee wrote
Who filmed that for you??
Darrell Miller of Storm Show Studios. He is a very good old friend of mine. I sort of helped him get his ground roots company get started. Sort of......I had a very little hand in all of it but I helped at that time. D is a local legend and has a few first descents that are pretty ridiculous in the Jackson bc. The most notable is Cora's Coulior. D is sort of nuts!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWm9bsriXr8

This is why I sort of get a little butt hurt when I hear skiers say bad thing about snowboarders, some of my most favorite and most amazing friends to ride with are snowboarders. Heck, my skiing style is inspired by all of them!
Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
campgottagopee wrote
raisingarizona wrote
sig wrote

You're a good dude AZ

Nice drop BTW --- twas DOPE!
Thanks but please, put up some stoke! I really hope I didn't fooker this thread.
sig
Reply | Threaded
|

sig
just kidding RA. i actually enjoy your post. the pictures from flagstaff are a real eye opener. it could be a possible retirement spot for me. my wife wants warmth and i want the mountains. could be a good compromise.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
raisingarizona wrote
  D is sort of nuts!

That would be true

raisingarizona wrote

This is why I sort of get a little butt hurt when I hear skiers say bad thing about snowboarders, some of my most favorite and most amazing friends to ride with are snowboarders. Heck, my skiing style is inspired by all of them!
I'm with ya on this.....we have some boarders in our crew on a weekly basis.....I still enjoy picking on them tho - LOL

One thing I've found is that the boarders I enjoy riding with were/are skiers too.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
raisingarizona wrote
Thanks but please, put up some stoke! I really hope I didn't fooker this thread.
You didn't fuck anything up imo

not a picture taker at all

besides, anything I would've jumped off would be from my time at Smuggs (late 80's - early 90's), no cell phones or any of that crap back then. I'd say my biggest claim to "cliff jumping fame" (HA!) would be the Sterling Rock, if you know that.
Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
In reply to this post by sig
sig wrote
just kidding RA. i actually enjoy your post. the pictures from flagstaff are a real eye opener. it could be a possible retirement spot for me. my wife wants warmth and i want the mountains. could be a good compromise.
It's a cool spot for that as long as you can deal with an elevation of 7k. I sort of feel like it's my currant retirement spot, even tho I'm at 39 and in school/working shit jobs.

Now.....post up some freaking cliff drops!
Reply | Threaded
|

riverc0il
raisingarizona wrote
I'll try to help get things going again...

...I don't have many photos of cliff drops, I don't ski with other skiers too often and setting up shots is a PITA, most of the time I just like to ski. I always liked how this shot came out. Not the biggest cliff I've skied off by a long shot but I've always liked the photo. From Black Mountain NH:

Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
riverc0il wrote
raisingarizona wrote
I'll try to help get things going again...

...I don't have many photos of cliff drops, I don't ski with other skiers too often and setting up shots is a PITA, most of the time I just like to ski. I always liked how this shot came out. Not the biggest cliff I've skied off by a long shot but I've always liked the photo. From Black Mountain NH:

Sending! Sweet pic. Getting tight!