Post your worst Fall

jcamotts
Post your best fall if you have a pic or video. Heres Mine:
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Post your worst Fall

Benny Profane
Wasn't exactly planning on filming mine. Although there are plenty.
funny like a clown
Reply | Threaded
|

Jon951

My worst fall(s) have been enroute to ski, in ski area parking lots and sliding off iced over sidewalks. The worst ever was the first day of the season at WF 3 years ago when I was crossing over the bridge, slid off the sidewalk curbing, and slammed my knee hard. I ended up ok, but was clearly shaken, wondering if my season ended before it started. No video footage available.
"Feets fail me not"
Reply | Threaded
|

Ethan Snow
I'm not sure there is two many that can compete with mine. Trying to gap two whales doesn't go well.
I'll take boilerplate ice over wet snow any day
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
In reply to this post by jcamotts
jcamotts wrote
Post your best fall if you have a pic or video.

Heres Mine:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/LVdJdVL0tAE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Now that is a cliff GR could appreciate!
Ethan.....drive the hands forward on you jump! (Says the guy who can't jump a gap for his life....)
We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!
Reply | Threaded
|

skimore
In reply to this post by Ethan Snow
Ethan Snow wrote
I'm not sure there is two many that can compete with mine.
Don't be so sure until you ski with this cast of characters

Reply | Threaded
|

skunkape
I was pretty impressed at the line he was trying to take at 1:56.

Edit: Worst fall was trying to answer my cell phone on a blue run, instantly lost focus, caught my front edge and bailed forward cracking 2 ribs. Couldn't breathe or sleep right for a month. Not that bad though, on the grand scale of things.
Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
All of my best ones were from before the Go Pro era. I have had some real good ones. I have broke about 15 bones and have had many partial and full dislocations (shoulders, AC joints, MCL, meniscus, 3 fingers, etc.) as well as around 9 or 10 concussions.

I try not to fall any more since I really don't enjoy being hurt any longer and my last few concussions scared the crap out of me. I'm still good for a crash every year or two. I had two this past season but they were fairly benign. It's usually not too violent as I'm picky about risk and I have gotten pretty good at crashing. It is often at a high rate of speed though.

I'm sure I'm not done yet with injuries.
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
In reply to this post by skunkape
skunkape wrote
I was pretty impressed at the line he was trying to take at 1:56.
Yes, but I was going to call that stream landing FTW.  Must have been a cold rest of the day for his tootsies.....
We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!
Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
In reply to this post by skimore
Wow, that's a whole pack of Jerry's.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
raisingarizona wrote
They can't help it -- they ski Song Mountain
Reply | Threaded
|

skimore
campgottagopee wrote
raisingarizona wrote
 I should send then to Greek for cliff hucking lessons. Can you hook em up
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
LMAO,  sorry dude, but the big GP cliff hucker doesn't run with us. There's no way we could keep up with him any_A_ways, he's too streamline without those poles!
Reply | Threaded
|

ml242
I remember this one time in the Hunter lot somebody had just handed me a bottle of beer, and there was someone around that had spooked me, maybe security, maybe a cop, i can't remember... anyways, i put it inside my jacket to walk incognito when i came across a patch of glare ice. I went ass over kettle and dumped the whole thing down the inside of my jacket. So two of my worst falls happened at Hunter, only one involved alcohol (it was my first drink btw), and the other one damaged my ego just as bad.
Reply | Threaded
|

freeheeln
In reply to this post by skimore
skimore wrote
Ethan Snow wrote
I'm not sure there is two many that can compete with mine.
Don't be so sure until you ski with this cast of characters
Thinking you may want to host some auditions.
Tele turns are optional not mandatory.
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
In reply to this post by campgottagopee
campgottagopee wrote
raisingarizona wrote
Def not WF skiers, even gore for that matter...  hahahahahahahahahahahah!!!  
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

x10003q
In reply to this post by freeheeln
The worst (or best) for me was a wipeout during a college GS race at Hunter.

The race started just below the race chair on Bleeker and turned left onto Eisenhower. I was going too fast on the road section of Eisenhower and caught my right tip in a gate at the flat to steep transition. I was later told that I spun and did at least one airborne rotation and landed in an explosion of skis and poles. I must have flown 20-30 feet below the gate, landed on my back and slid down the hill head first. I stopped at the next flat spot and quietly was taking inventory and realized I wasn't hurt. Amazingly, my hat and goggles never came off. Eventually somebody skied over with my skis and poles. I clicked back into my skis and skied down. The only mark on my body was a diagonal bruise across my back about 2 inches wide and despite no helmet I did not get concussed. In the bar after the race, racers from other colleges were coming up to me and buying me shots and toasting the wipeout.

The next day while slipping for the SL, there were many comments of shock that I was not hurt and still able to race.
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
In reply to this post by ScottyJack
My worse crash was on a mtn bike.

I justed finished putting new SPD pedals on my bike when a friend and at least a half dozen of her hot friends drove by and waved.  I knew they were heading to the dock on the north side of Long Pond.  So I finished up, grabbed my old beat up mtn bike shoes and headed out North Long Pond Road for a ride with the plan to swing up on the ladies all cool guy like.

I ripped some technical single track to the Fire tower road and then cruised down to Long Pond trail which leads to the floating dock where the hot sun bathers were.

The dock was in fact full with the anticipated level of hotness.   My friend saw me as I rode up onto the boardwalk that lead out to the floating dock.  She jumped up in a very nice bikini and started down the dock towards me.  As she got close with those tantalizing tan lines I slide my left heel to release and step off my bike.  My old shoes were really worn and I did not release.  I quickly tried the right to no avail and really cranked on the left as she was now right in front of me.  

The force of the panic of not releasing now tilted me, still locked in, off the boardwalk into about 18 -20 inches of water.  I landed, safely avoiding any submerged rocks but still locked into the bike.  My nose was just barley out of the water and I spat frantically as water lapped over my head.   Looking up I stared at a line of bikini clad ladies who couldn't understand why I was lying in the lake on my bike struggling to breathe.

Finally I maneuvered into a position where I could untie my shoe and save myself.  I climbed up sputtering about old shoes in new pedals but the milfoil hanging from my head only added to the utter embarrassment.  I quickly mounted and disappeared into the Grafton woods....  

I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

gorgonzola
^ haha SJ FTW!
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee