Goreskimom
14 Days...so happy.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Power Back After ...

Benny Profane
7 days here.

32 days over the 4.5 years I've been living here. No lie. My wood guy put it best. A hundred years ago, most of this suburbia was farms, therefore cleared land, and a lot of the rest of the trees were fuel. Now we live in these places and consider trees decoration, and don't even have to burn them. Hell, we actually protect them from harm. Now that's coming back to bite us in the butt.
funny like a clown
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
In reply to this post by Goreskimom
We were incredibly lucky. Lost power for 15 hours and then 4 hours two days later.

I think the second outage was "on purpose" - taking it down to do some work. At least that was what we were told.

We were without internet at home for several days, but we had it at work (two blocks away) so that wasn't much of a hardship either.

We have neighbors within a few hundred feet of us who are still out.

GSM - how much time did you spend in North Creek? What did you do the rest of the time?  What did you do Benny?
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Goreskimom
I was in North Creek from 11/1-11/5.  We spent a few nights at an unheated house and a few nights with family locally.  We are about 85% back to normal but the devastation here is profound.  I am lucky my house is standing.  
Reply | Threaded
|

Peter Minde
Power back after 7 days.  I count myself fortunate.  With town water and gas hot water heater, we were never without hot water.  And my kid learned how to start and use the antique Coleman stove.  Unbelievable that sections of Morristown NJ were without power for 13 - 15 days.

Reply | Threaded
|

70s Gore Kid
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
Syracuse, NY
Reply | Threaded
|

gorgonzola
camping at home was kinda fun in our house for awile but got old & a little stanky around day 5, thankfully the final day. on the fence about ponying up $700 that could be better used on ski days & gear
Reply | Threaded
|

poindexter
In reply to this post by 70s Gore Kid
We invested in a Kohler whole house generator last year after Irene knocked us out for 5 days.  Best investment we ever made. We were out for 9 days during Sandy, but the whole house was up and running.  It turns on and off automatically. All we had to do was check the oil once a day and add a little here and there.