classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
12 messages Options
Z
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Project season

Z
Ski season pretty much goes right into golf and mt biking season.  Plus add in my sons baseball and football schedules we just now have time for domestic projects that "normal" people do all year long.  Plus add in taking care of a boat for the first time is adding greatly to my to do list.  With the exception of a week in August when it's dry to paint and stain I do 75% of my yearly around the house work from mid October until ski season starts.  

How do you guys all handle this stuff?
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Project season

Lateski
Same for me, I did get a bit more of a jump this year, but with ski season looming (oh yea!) I feel the pressure of unfinished projects piling up and I will have limited time once the season starts.  There is always work to do and I'm ok with letting it wait while I ski with my family, so looking forward to this season.
Reply | Threaded
|

Hudsonhiker
Saying goes “A clean house is the sign of wasted skiing (hiking, biking, paddling) opportunities”
Reply | Threaded
|

Zippy
There are plenty of winter days when I could do projects, because I can't ski. Instead though I'll look to see if anyone has posted a trip report with nice skiing or snow pictures. I live alone so no one argues about it.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
My favorite kind of maintenance is deferred.
Reply | Threaded
|

Snowhunter
In reply to this post by Z
There is never enough time, there are always projects that need doing.  I just try to tackle one at a time and not stress over things.  I usually lose but I know that I have good intentions.

At the end of the day I focus on time with the kids and giving them the attention that they deserve.  That is what is important, everything else can wait.
Reply | Threaded
|

Benny Profane
Get in touch with us when you have that I sold the boat party.
funny like a clown
Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
In reply to this post by Z
I pay someone.  If I already did the project and know I can do it I have someone else do it.
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
In reply to this post by Benny Profane
I'm enjoying working on it so far but as I'm doing everything the first time it takes longer and you make mistakes
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

gorgonzola
In reply to this post by Snowhunter
Snowhunter wrote
There is never enough time, there are always projects that need doing.  I just try to tackle one at a time and not stress over things.  I usually lose but I know that I have good intentions.

At the end of the day I focus on time with the kids and giving them the attention that they deserve.  That is what is important, everything else can wait.
This
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
I hire midget mexicans to do all my chores for me
Reply | Threaded
|

where's the snow
Chores done, so I'll go help Plattekill with theirs Saturday and start my season at killington sunday.