classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
12 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Puking Snow at the Jersey Shore

Jon951
This post was updated on .
It's puking snow at the Jersey Shore and winds are high, so hello and farewell for today, as I'll be losing power any minute. Can't believe it's still up in my neck of the woods. Made a bunch of coffee and beer is in stock. This could very well be the end of the world except for the fact I have my beverages. Hope I make it though , lmao!
"Feets fail me not"
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Puking Snow at the Jersey Shore

warp daddy
Good luck ,stay warm ,
Life ain't a dress rehearsal: Spread enthusiasm , avoid negative nuts.
Reply | Threaded
|

Jon951
Thanks, woodstove is burning strong in anticipation of power going out. Here with my wife...don't know if that's good or bad....time will tell! Have snowshoes for quick escape if things get dicey, lol
"Feets fail me not"
Reply | Threaded
|

ml242
rip it up, sounds really fun!
Reply | Threaded
|

Jon951
Power amazingly never went off today...hard to believe, but not complaining. Cleared mucho snow and getting hammered with round 2 of this storm now. Here's a few shots from today. My son Mike swung by to remove the wall of concrete at the bottom of my drive the plow left behind. Time for diner and a beer.
"Feets fail me not"
Reply | Threaded
|

Benny Profane
Finally, Christie comes home to show "leadership" with some sort of tough guy parka on at the press conference. Dumbass evokes Sandy to show his "experience", forgetting how his party hates him for the Obama hug back then. I wish the worst for him.

Problem is flooding, of course, just like every major nor'easter that rolls up the Jersey coast. Glad to see billions of tax dollars have been spent to replenish beaches and rebuild homes right next to the Atlantic Ocean, only to be severely damaged in a day with this storm. When will we ever learn.
funny like a clown
Reply | Threaded
|

Jon951
Flooding was badass in many areas today, with waters rushing with current. Complete mess again for many. One more high tide to go to get through this storm. Always said after Sandy...not a matter of if, it's when the next storm of significant magnitude with coastal flooding strikes. As you said, here we are again. I wouldn't be surprised if another two or three storms like this hit NJ in the next few months, along with other areas on the east coast. These Nor'easters are a bitch when they strike.
"Feets fail me not"
Reply | Threaded
|

Benny Profane
And yet, a nice house on the water costs a million bucks. Go figure.
funny like a clown
Reply | Threaded
|

Jon951
Benny Profane wrote
And yet, a nice house on the water costs a million bucks. Go figure.
And crazies gobble them up all day long and DGAS about the potential for storm damage. Not me.

BTW..still dumping and windy as shit here...approaching 2 am. This storm is a doozie for our first one this winter after all the 60 degree weather we has the past few months. And now the forecast for Whiteface next week is horrible in terms of temps and rain potential. Things are so jacked up this winter. It's hard to comprehend wtf is going on. F.
"Feets fail me not"
Reply | Threaded
|

Jon951
In reply to this post by Jon951

Maybe I can source one of these for round 2..

"Feets fail me not"
Reply | Threaded
|

gebbyfish
Feeling bad for many in Jersey and wishing we had gotten two feet in upstate NY!  
Reply | Threaded
|

Benny Profane
So Christie gets back to what really matters, New Hampshire, after just spending 48 hours in his home state, the state he was elected to govern, especially in times of crises. He basically said, no whoop, this wasn't so bad. The people who live south of LBI may be coming after his fat butt with pitchforks.
funny like a clown