RIP JJ Cale

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

RIP JJ Cale

Sick Bird Rider
Another musical legend has passed. Died last night after a heart attack: "People like Cale, Young, Clapton and Cash have known something the rest of us don't. They're tapped into the cosmos and have found that universal switch inside our beings, turning us on, creating the soundtrack to our lives." More on his music and legacy here.

The album "Naturally" blew my young mind back in the 70s, then Cale's music just kept popping up in my life. His recent collaborations with Clapton are the stuff of legend, IMHO.
Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: RIP JJ Cale

Michaeltokyo
This post was updated on .
Definitely one of the great blues guitarists of the last 40+ years.  RIP JJ.

Reply | Threaded
|

Noah John
I went through a huge JJ Cale stage about 25 years ago.  I wonder whatever happened to all those cassettes. 
Reply | Threaded
|

I_BUILD_PARKS
This post was updated on .
Was kind of stoked to see this thread on here. Hadn't ventured into this part of the forum before and this thread instantly popped out at me.

Legend for sure
Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
Need more Cale? Here is an amazing session with Leon Russell: It is over an hour long so you might want to watch/listen while making dinner:

Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
In reply to this post by Michaeltokyo
Michaeltokyo wrote
Definitely one of the great blues guitarists of the last 40+ years.  RIP JJ.

THAT was incredible. Post more.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp