RIP: North Creek Deli & Market Place

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
11 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

RIP: North Creek Deli & Market Place

Danzilla
Its officially official (for at least a few weeks now).  The NC Deli has new owners.  Kind of happy and sad at the same time.  I remember the old owner showing me an aerial photo of Gore and talkding about where the trails might go in on Burnt Ridge.  We have nice double ADK chair we bought there and I remember the band playing out front on Saturday afternoons.  The place hasn't been open for a while now so it is good to see some new life.  The new owners bought the place with all contents and have been selling off the old merchandise.  We stopped in on Saturday and got a bunch of mugs, NC/Gore shirts, hats etc. and a couple foot stools for ADK chairs for REALLY cheap.  They still have some stuff left.  Not sure when they are going to stop selling merchandise but if you are in town stop by and check.

They are going to gut the building and reopen with a choice meats, cheese and fine foods shop.  The second floor will be leased for retail.  They are hoping to be open by May so they can catch the summer season.  I wish them luck.  That is a lot of work to do between now and then.  I would question the idea of a shop like this in North Creek, but I have been on the wrong side of a few things over the years including:

- "No way a wine and tapas bar is going to make it"
- "Who is going to ride the train from NC to Saratoga" - Duh its the opposite way that counts dummy.
- "Who in their right mind is going to PAY for parking"

Hoping they have success.  It would be nice to stop in and grab a good sandwhich on the way to the mountain or out for a hike and who doesn't like cheese?
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: RIP: North Creek Deli & Market Place

YUKON CORNELIUS

Danzilla wrote
So glad they're still there. Great Beer and Food!
"This is pure snow! Do you have any idea what the street value of this mountain is?"
Reply | Threaded
|

Danzilla
DARKSIDED wrote
Danzilla wrote
So glad they're still there. Great Beer and Food!
No doubt.  Love that place.

One more to add to the list:

- "Nobody is going to use a lift that serves 150 feet of vertical - especially for night skiing"  That was before kids.  Now I love going there to ski with my 3 1/2 year old under the lights after a full day on the mountain.
Reply | Threaded
|

Adk Keith
I also hear the new store is planning to offer local organic produce.  
Reply | Threaded
|

Danzilla
Adk Keith wrote
I also hear the new store is planning to offer local organic produce.  
Now that you say that I do remember the new owner saying the same thing.  Pretty cool.  They are going to be open 7 days a week too with good hours (open till 6 I think).

Now all we need is a North Creek Brewhaus.
Reply | Threaded
|

Spongeworthy
How about someone buying and reopening Laura's?
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." Oscar Gamble
Reply | Threaded
|

adkskier
In reply to this post by Adk Keith
The only locally grown organic is meant to be smoked.
I Think, Therefore I Ski
Reply | Threaded
|

Snowballs
Banned User
Hehehe. ^

Funny you should say that. I'm currently awaiting the arrival of my smoke. Bradley's providing it. When it gets here, I'm going to fire that puppy up and have a good smoke.

Gonna do me some cheese, brisket, bacon, veggies, fish...the whole sha-bang since, yea I'll say it, Oscar's sucks.
Reply | Threaded
|

Raymo40
Snowballs you forgot Ribs. Home made Smoked ribs are the bomb. Pork Rules!
Reply | Threaded
|

Snowballs
Banned User
Raymo40 wrote
Snowballs you forgot Ribs. Home made Smoked ribs are the bomb. Pork Rules!
OMG, That's right Raymo ! Smoked ribs are awesome. Lookin forward to this new smoke venture.

Used to date a girl who's dad smoked turkeys every fall.  He would smoke'm for several days at least, " no sissy " quick pass thru the smoke. Awesome. Sick. Da friggin bomb - all those oft used adjectives.

Grind some of it up with just a little mayo and a just couple sweet pickles for a cracker spread that was..... Awesome. Sick. Da bomb.
Reply | Threaded
|

Snowballs
Banned User
Alright, for now I'll give Oscar's a pass. The only time we've bought there was after their re-opening. The products we bought honestly had very little to no smoke flavor.

MAYBE it was because their smoking equipment was new and needed seasoned by smoke over time.