Rafting with TBatt (Big water, thrown from raft)

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Rafting with TBatt (Big water, thrown from raft)

MC2 5678F589
Went rafting with TBatt the last weekend of June, then he made a video (I'm in the front left). Keep watching, it gets better towards the end:

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Rafting with TBatt (Big water, thrown from raft)

ml242
I want to get up there this summer, hope the water looks like that and the air temperature feels like it does today. Nice vid, Fuje!
Reply | Threaded
|

tBatt
A couple frame grabs from the video:

The river was just shy of 8 ft. on the gauge in North Creek and running at appx 11,000 CFS. Biggest river I've ran since I started guiding (It was bigger in early May, though). Last time I had paddled anything close to this was the day after hurricane Irene, when it was at 7.7 ft.

For reference, an average day last summer was around 3.5 ft, and 1000 CFS.

Here is a link to the Gauge: http://waterdata.usgs.gov/ny/nwis/uv?cb_00060=on&cb_00065=on&format=gif_default&period=7&begin_date=2013-06-29&end_date=2013-07-08&site_no=01315500

Anything over 5.5 ft is gonna be a GOOD day. It's pretty rare to see, especially in the summer, but its gonna be a good time.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Cool video. I was hoping this thread would get started.

Also if there is some way to post another thread with a vid or pic of some of that wakeboarding action...
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Raymo40
Now that looks fun.
Reply | Threaded
|

Chris
Looks like a BLAST!
The day begins...  Your mountain awaits.
Reply | Threaded
|

Albert8100
In reply to this post by MC2 5678F589
Cool video! I love rafting. I really enjoyed by watching this video. Everything is looking so invisiting and comfortable. I also have one like this type of video on my PC. I sure will must be next time post here. thanks for this...

^*^*^*^*^Albert^*^*^*^*^
^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^^*^*^*^
Reply | Threaded
|

Snowballs
Banned User
In reply to this post by MC2 5678F589
Ok, That was way cool ! Nice video-ography, too. The way it ended with the underwater shot was a cool touch.

Everybody was having a good time. Grinning ear to ear as they paddled away. MC2 flippin off of rocks.

Then the boat upsets and it's " Wholly Crap!!  BOAT BOAT BOAT!!!! " Hehehe. I start swimming like Phelps when it happens to me.

IMO, getting tossed into water like that can be unnerving. Been there, felt that.