Really

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
14 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Really

ScottyJack
23 replies to a whinny Im not happy thread and only 6 combined to threads about a ski legend and a local skier who just podiumed on the biggest stage in the WC season.  You people are messed up!  
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Really

PeeTex
ScottyJack wrote
23 replies to a whinny Im not happy thread and only 6 combined to threads about a ski legend and a local skier who just podiumed on the biggest stage in the WC season.  You people are messed up!
I have not had the patience to read the crap let alone even jump in.
I think we need a big snow storm. I have been considering returning to the grumpy avatar...
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
In reply to this post by ScottyJack
ScottyJack wrote
Meh. I'm not a fan of generic "RIP [celebrity]" posts. The last few weeks, everybody on my Facebook wall has been posting about David Bowie, Lemme, and that guy from the Eagles. If you're going to tell me a story about your life, cool (for instance, I liked how you mentioned you being a junior racer at Willard when Bill Johnson won the gold). But if I don't have a personal story, it just seems pointless to jump in with an opinion on somebody I don't know very well, even if I liked their music or their athletic accomplishments.

And as far as athletic accomplishments, again, if I don't know the person, it's hard to get excited. Andrew Weibrecht coming in 2nd in the downhill means about as much to me as Larry Fitzgerald advancing to the NFC championship. Cool for him, and cool that he's from LP, but I don't really have anything to add to a conversation about it.

I don't really have anything to add to snoloco's complaining thread either, but at least we all sort of "know" snoloco and we can offer advice or admonishment about his stupid positions. It gives us a chance to talk about things we know about and can offer our ideas about, as opposed to things we don't really have opinions on.

Another way to say it: a thread titled "What is the best mountain to see hot women in the East (or West)?" would have more replies than "Mikela Shiffrin wins World Cup event" or "Pyrmid Zurbriggen dies"
Reply | Threaded
|

Turd Ferguson
mattchuck2 wrote
"What is the best mountain to see hot women in the East (or West)?"
One vote here for Splash Mountain.
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
In reply to this post by MC2 5678F589
mattchuck2 wrote
Another way to say it: a thread titled "What is the best mountain to see hot women in the East (or West)?" would have more replies than "Mikela Shiffrin wins World Cup event" or "Pyrmid Zurbriggen dies"
You don't think Mikela is kinda hot?
Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
mattchuck2 wrote
I think you are really on to something here. The guy that posts on TGR as Greg from Alpine Zone always mentions Killington and it's hot New Jersey babes that frequent establishments along the access road.

Out west Whistler seems like the best choice, the village does party and of all of the ski towns it has the most balanced ratio.
Reply | Threaded
|

Snowballs
Banned User
Sorry Scotty,,,,, your premise is herein validated.
Reply | Threaded
|

MikeK
Banned User
In reply to this post by PeeTex
PeeTex wrote
mattchuck2 wrote
Kinda?  I'd bet good bank she's outta your league... and mine.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
So am I busted for posting in this thread?

I know squat about the history of skiing but when warp posts a Bill Johnson thread, I google it and learn the story and dig it.

As for sno and I, we're a lot alike considering we're complete opposites.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
In reply to this post by PeeTex
PeeTex wrote
She was born in 1995. That's probably too young for me (and definitely too young for you).
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
mattchuck2 wrote
PeeTex wrote
She was born in 1995. That's probably too young for me (and definitely too young for you).
The day you stop looking is the day your dead. Although she could be my Granddaughter if my oldest had a kid in college.
Reply | Threaded
|

Adk Jeff
mattchuck2 wrote
PeeTex wrote
You know you're getting old when the "divide by two and add 7" rule doesn't work anymore.
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
Adk Jeff wrote
mattchuck2 wrote
PeeTex wrote
You know you're getting old when the "divide by two and add 7" rule doesn't work anymore.
Jeff you are absolutely  right!!!
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

pro2860
JasonWx wrote
Adk Jeff wrote
mattchuck2 wrote
PeeTex wrote
Jeff you are absolutely  right!!!
Simple solution...divide by 2 and subtract  7