Rent Platty for a Day --$2500

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
25 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Rent Platty for a Day --$2500

raisingarizona
There are a lot of people that 2500 is a drop in the bucket and might love to throw a party at their own private ski area for a day.

Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
You get like church groups.  Not powder hounds.  They rented 3x last year and the year sucked.  Most groups return year after year.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
Maybe Harv can rent it with all the "click" money he's getting from the political discussion - call it a business expense.
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
In reply to this post by ml242
ml242 wrote
raisingarizona wrote
Well this makes has me thinking that it probably wouldn't be worth the extra coin unless it was a huge dump. I can be in Silverton in 5.5 hours driving from here and set up reservations while watching the radar.

You guys wouldn't believe the Silverton experience with one or two heli drops during the guided season on a Thursday after 40+ inches. It's one of the coolest ski experiences in the lower 48 imho.

I still want to get back and I will, I have family I need to visit but the Friday ski day is probably more likely.

Platty with 40" is pretty good.

James D , Me and Harv skied Platt after the big 90+ storm in 2010....NOT so good..The woods were chest deep, wild stuff..
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by Harvey
Harvey wrote

My announcement: I am buying beers for any day ticket holders on my birthday, Sunday Jan 8.
Sunday Jan 8th, if there's snow I'll be there for B-Day party. Most likely will have a crew as well