12 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Revision Skis Warranty

Harvey
Administrator
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

Revision Skis, a USA-based brand of high-quality twin tip freeride skis, has announced an impact damage warranty policy which is setting a new bar for the ski industry.

Knowing that many of the skis it sells are going to be beat up on rails, concrete, wood, on-hill equipment, rocks, and more, Revision is pledging to keep skis underneath riders who invest their hard-earned dollars in its product. While most companies quickly void warranty claims for impact damage apparently caused by common park and urban riding, Revision feels that modern skis should hold up to this type of use. To that end, the Revision Skis warranty policy is to repair or replace ski products with significant edge or base damage, even if that damage was caused by the rider--an unheard of commitment in the ski warranty world.

In order to help its customers avoid the need to file a warranty claim in the first place, however, Revision has toughened up its full lineup by installing extra-thick bases and edges on all models to help resist these impacts.

For more information visit: https://revisionskis.com/
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Revision Skis Warranty

PeeTex
Too bad they don't come in kids sizes, that would be a real winner. Imagine junior walking across the parking lot with his skis on and Dad not yelling at him...
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Reply | Threaded
|

riverc0il
LOL. This company must be a west coast company and has no idea how badly an early/late season eastern skier can damage boards. They'd be sending me a new pair every year for sure. A typical pair of boards lasts three years for me, and that is pushing it. My skis from last season are about to be retired. I brought them to the shop for their annual base and edge repair last October. The shop guy raised his eyebrow at me. I told him I knew I was pushing it but I just wanted to get one more year out of the skis, broken edge and a half dozen core shots and all...

I wouldn't buy their skis and ask for replacements because I'd feel like I was taking advantage of them. We saw this thing happen with REI and Backcountry, I think, where they offered lifetime warranties and got taken advantage of then they took back the policy. I'd rather pay lower prices than have warranty costs baked in and subsidize ass holes that treat their gear bad AND have unreasonable expectations of warranty coverage. F That. I'm trashing my gear willingly and intentionally, and that is on me. A used pair of boards is a pair of boards that I had a lot of fun on, no takes backsies on that, thank you.
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
I 100% agree with Riv..
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

ml242
I just read it and imagine they're making them for about $5.
Reply | Threaded
|

jcamotts
In reply to this post by PeeTex
I agree mostly because I am a junior and these skis look pretty cool. That warranty sure would come in handy in the east.
Reply | Threaded
|

skimore
jcamotts wrote
I agree mostly because I am a junior and these skis look pretty cool. That warranty sure would come in handy in the east.
Fake tits look cool too until you give em a spin
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
skimore wrote
jcamotts wrote
Fake tits look cool too until you give em a spin
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
In reply to this post by skimore
what do the fake ones feel like?
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

Thacheronix
Reply | Threaded
|

skimore
In reply to this post by skimore
ScottyJack wrote

Like skiing on man made snow....it blows
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
skimore wrote
ScottyJack wrote

Like skiing on man made snow....it blows
But at the end of the day it's kinda like pizza. When it's good it's great and when it's bad it's still pretty good.