Roller Coaster Thread

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
49 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Roller Coaster Thread

raisingarizona
Well I guess that helps with the time loss but yeah, I'd go for the funnel cake too.
Reply | Threaded
|

Junior
They wouldn’t even lets us use the exit pass on Kingda Ka too. It wasn’t open but it would’ve been the only ride in the park with a legitimate line.
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
This post was updated on .
Six Flags New England, home of the Thunderbolt! I think I rode this one for the first time in 1983...

"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Reply | Threaded
|

riverc0il
I was at SFNE on Monday. Could not have timed it better. Bad weather kept everyone away. Super hot and humid with a 20 minute torrential downpour right after we got off Joker (one train away from a total soaking). We made it through the day completely dry, though another torrential downpour always seemed imminent.

After the rain stopped, we did 6 runs in a row on Wicked Cyclone with no line. During one ride, when we left the station on the train there wasn't even a single guest left in the station. Unreal. They only have one train so counting the walk around and getting back into line, we were getting on every third train out of the station.

With only one train running and a slow load time due to the restraint checking, I imagine most days you'd be lucky to ride it 6 times in a day, let alone 6 times in an hour. We would have kept going but due to the heat, we were totally dehydrated and beat after three park days in a row.

Wicked Cyclone is absolutely amazing! It might be my new favorite coaster. First RMC I've ever been on, we'll definitely be heading to CP and/or KD next year, which I think are the next closest RMCs to New England. I was just non-stop laughing throughout the entire ride, from the first drop all the way to the station. For comparisons sake, I might give one or two wooo's on Superman (overrated, IMO).

We were also at Dorney over the weekend. First time there and probably our last unless they build something new. We had a great time but nothing really amazing, though I really like Talon. Got to ride a Whip for the first time, though!
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
Wednesday was the same. We didn’t really stand on line at all. No real downpours but just enough to keep the crowds away.
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
In reply to this post by Brownski
This is the line we would of had to wait on to get a little slip of paper that lets you jump one line on a ride

Reply | Threaded
|

riverc0il
Ouch. I'll stick to going to parks mid-week, non-holiday only.

Surprised (and glad) that the big ski resorts haven't followed suit and instituted a fast pass system for lift lines.

We're off to CP/KI in 10 days. It has been 12 years since our last time at CP so I am looking forward to all of the new coasters. Never been to KI. We hit KD in the spring and we will head up to Canada's Wonderland for a weekend in the fall.
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
Nice.
We had to come back here at least once this year to activate our passes. We have a big trip planned to hit the Six Flags Parks in IL, TX, GA and maybe the MD one. After that there might a trip to NE or Lake George but this is probably it for NJ.
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
Noooo!!!!