11 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Rossi BC Going Steady

Harvey
Administrator
This post was updated on .
Ski Day 19:  We may not have the passion of the Charger Love thread over here.  But we do like our kick and glide.

I first see the Rossis, when I arrive. As soon as the fire is self sufficient...

...into the woods.  Sorry I can't take a picture that is in focus. Yet. Maybe I need a ski pole tripod.

I ski the lower loop which is good to track out. But everything from the top to the bottom on the other side I leave untouched after dark. You need to see to maximize it.

Bottom of the trail system.

The Rossis seem to fit with North River nordic options. Adam at Garnet Hill convinced me that this was the hot set for me and he's right.  And this year they added the Switchback as the default binding. Heck if he would join the forum and post his Rossi adventures here, this thread would be worth it.

TD if you can help me figure out how to lock tight those Switchbacks. Just get the can and blast it in the cracks or...?

Sweet conditions. Maybe five or six inches of fluff on a beautiful solid base.  Like last weekend but better.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Rossi BC Going Steady

MC2 5678F589
I wonder if ScottyJack is going to post in the Charger love thread (or were those vectors I saw on fb?).

I have Rossi bc110s, too and I love em. Maybe not as fat as the Chargers, but lots of fun.

You at Gore tomorrow, Harv?
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
mattchuck2 wrote
I wonder if ScottyJack is going to post in the Charger love thread (or were those vectors I saw on fb?).

I have Rossi bc110s, too and I love em. Maybe not as fat as the Chargers, but lots of fun.

You at Gore tomorrow, Harv?
I was thinking Hickory. Any way you'd come?

Remember surface lifts are warmer.
Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave
Very nice Harv.  What is needed is a XCD thread... All inclusive.

As for the cartridges - Remove them from the threaded cables.  Apply some purple or blue loctite to the threads, then re thread the cartridges to the right position for your boots.  Wait 24 hours.  Go skiing.  

TD
"there is great chaos under heaven, and the situation is excellent" Disclaimer: Telemark Dave is a Hinterlandian. He is not from New York State, and in fact, doesn't even ski there very often. He is also obsessive-compulsive about Voile Charger BC's.
Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
Telemark Dave wrote
Very nice Harv.  What is needed is a XCD thread... All inclusive.
Agreed.

Telemark Dave wrote
As for the cartridges - Remove them from the threaded cables.  Apply some purple or blue loctite to the threads, then re thread the cartridges to the right position for your boots.  Wait 24 hours.  Go skiing.  

TD
This. And when you shopping for LocTite, make sure you get "LocTite Threadlocker" - they make a wide variety of glue products. Mmmmmm, glue.

Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report
Reply | Threaded
|

Snowballs
Banned User
Sick Bird Rider wrote
 Mmmmmm, glue.
Easy man, that stuff will have you seeing Yetis.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Ski Day 21:  After whipping myself at Hickory yesterday I came home, finished tracking out the trails and then schralped 4-Turn Hill.

Got up this am and worked out a plan to miss work tomorrow.  Did my fucking timesheet (hate it) and then downloaded my Hickory pics (love it).

Then I headed out and went after 6-Turn Hill.

Needs a nipper here and there but I skied both without any real work on them.

Big news is I discovered (or imagined really) 15-Turn Hill.

It will need some serious work over the summer to go, but still.

All systems are go for the new snow.

Clouds just moved in. Bring it!
Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave
Name them Harv.  Not 3 Turn Hill... Something that means something... Take ownership.  
But don't go yapping about them....
"there is great chaos under heaven, and the situation is excellent" Disclaimer: Telemark Dave is a Hinterlandian. He is not from New York State, and in fact, doesn't even ski there very often. He is also obsessive-compulsive about Voile Charger BC's.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
I go with the basics. Red trail, yellow trail. Don't force the names, wait for the moonshiner to show and then call it moonshine hill.  The only thing we got with personality so far is Momma's Marsh.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
In reply to this post by Sick Bird Rider
This is helpful.

Oddly I don't know if it was the cold temps or what but on my last two skis the cartridges did not appear to rotate?  Not sure why.
Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave
Prolly water got in and froze.  Good start.  Don't mess with them.  Let 'em rust and seize up.  Might take a few seasons...