SKIADK no more??

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
17 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

SKIADK no more??

Condor
looks like skiadk is a done for. domain name expired 12/8. not that many people still used it.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SKIADK no more??

tBatt
I also noticed this.
it was just a matter of time.
Reply | Threaded
|

Snowballs
Banned User
i've been unable to log on there for weeks. Even tried the password reset to no avail. Anybody else had that issue? It started this fall with lots of ads on it, a sign of advertiser's confidence in site traffic.
Reply | Threaded
|

Danzilla
In reply to this post by Condor
That is a bummer.  I was hoping to hop on over there and grab my old yeti avatar.  I guess I need to try and dig it up on one of my pc's.  

I think Harv should pony up and buy the skiadk.com domain name when it comes available:)
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Danzilla wrote
I think Harv should pony up and buy the skiadk.com domain name when it comes available:)
Greg from AZ and I talked about this last year.  The number to buy the whole thing was WAY beyond reach.  I had no idea that it would be so much.  Plus AZ is huge and I could never manage it. Even this small forum is a lot to manage.

SkiAdk was added to AZ as a favor that Greg did for Gore and WF skiers.  It was a great site. And I wouldn't be surprised if it comes back. It's a well known brand.

I started blogging because I realized I wanted a place to keep my own stuff that was under my control. I used to put a lot of effort into TRs on FTO and Skiadk. One day I realized that all that would be gone if those sites were discontinued or if they crashed.

This forum was actually Snowball's idea.  Last year when Greg announced his intent to sell AZ there was talk on SkiAdk about what to do if SkiAdk went down.  I think Snowballs said something like "let's meet over at Harvey Road" if that happens.

As many have probably realized, a blog is more about publishing vs conversation. It's more one way. I knew the blog wouldn't work as a substitute.  Over the summer I started looking into incorporating a forum into Harvey Road. By the time I got it set up, I had put so much effort into it that I felt I couldn't NOT go ahead with it.

FYI This forum product is actually free, because we are part of a BETA test program. If you notice weird stuff happening from time to time, it's because the software developers are constantly pushing the product forward.

Anyway. Here we are. Hope y'all are having fun with it.

Danzilla wrote
I was hoping to hop on over there and grab my old yeti avatar.  I guess I need to try and dig it up on one of my pc's.
Danzilla ... Google images... I love this one:

"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Snowballs
Banned User
Things are better over here anyway. No doubt people are enjoying it Harv. Thanks for your and your entourage's efforts. Y'all do a great job.

I was kinda bummed Danzilla lost his avatar. It cracked me up. Now I see it's back.

To quote a famous American  " Bumbles bounce. " - Yukon Cornelius

Harvey44 wrote

Reply | Threaded
|

Powderqueen
I think this forum/blog is so good because the guy who is responsible for it does it because he is so passionate about skiing. I think Harvey's upbeat attitude and love for skiing is what has attracted most of us here.
Reply | Threaded
|

Adk Jeff
This post was updated on .
Harvey44 wrote
I started blogging because I realized I wanted a place to keep my own stuff that was under my control.
A familiar story.

A funny thing about skiadk in the last month or two is that people seemed to still be checking in there, looking for info, even though nobody posted there.  I had posted 3 or 4 links to my blog on skiadk in Nov and Dec and got many hundreds of incoming visits.  Oh well... the death of that forum simply reflects the dynamic nature of the internet itself.  Tastes and technology evolve.
Reply | Threaded
|

Spongeworthy
In reply to this post by Condor
SKIADK is back. Run for your life . . . ZOMBIES!
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." Oscar Gamble
Reply | Threaded
|

Adk Jeff
Geez!... and I just took down the link on my blog last night.

BTW, can anybody tell me how to upload pics to that damn site?
Reply | Threaded
|

Danzilla
Haha.  I just grabbed my old one while the gettin was good.  Which one looks better on me?

Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Skiadk hacked by Syrian cyber terrorists:

http://www.skiadk.com/

Reply | Threaded
|

Denis.N
..and it looks like no-one gives a f*ck about it - cyber terrorist must be pissed off.
Reply | Threaded
|

Noah John
In reply to this post by Harvey
Harvey wrote
Skiadk hacked by Syrian cyber terrorists
That's the most interesting content that web site ever had.  Every ski forum should be so lucky.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
This post was updated on .
I admit I read every single page of their terrorist content.

Way more compelling than the Prada Handbag spam that had been the sites bread and butter the last 6 months.
Reply | Threaded
|

Peter Minde
In reply to this post by Adk Jeff
I just tried going to skiadk.com and it looks like it's been hacked.  Pro Assad forces in Syria.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Sadly skiadk.com seem to be back to it's regular content: